Welcome to hell or as close as you can get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to hell or as close as you can get

OMG! 95 degrees at 10:00 this morning! Yesterday we hit 105 and it's still June. The older I get the more I think about getting out of this heat. You walk outside and start to drip almost immediatly

How did the settlers do it way back when?
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

All it would take is 6 months of below freezing and you'd thank your gods for the heat.

More older people retire to Arizona then Minnesota.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

They learned to love the smell of each other's nasty sweaty armpits.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I remember the cold wind of winter, and instantly feel a little cooler.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yeah well, I'm a big girl in this Texas heat. Your just a little twig Sloww BTW Hope your feeling better. I think Al Gore sent all the Global Warming this way! How hot was it in Dallas yesterday?
          Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
          Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
          Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
          You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

It's not quite that hot here in Albuquerque yet, but it has been very humid the past week. It feels like someone has poured syrup over every inch of my skin.

Comment

It never got that hot in the old day, remember. Global warming and stuff.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Suck it up.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

or move.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm lucky to live in a city where it never gets hot.

Comment

Vegas must be the AC capital of the world
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Hell is Djibouti on the horn of Africa where temperatures exceed 100 degrees 9 months of the year and the highs in the summer exceed 120. Course they report in Celsius which makes it sound cooler. The natives have no cooling devices, which is why there aren't very many of them. Add to that the spiders, three species of which are bigger than a human head, and the snakes to include the black mamba, and nobody goes there by choice.
                        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat View Post
                          Yeah well, I'm a big girl in this Texas heat. Your just a little twig Sloww BTW Hope your feeling better. I think Al Gore sent all the Global Warming this way! How hot was it in Dallas yesterday?
                          It hit 100 degrees on the first day of summer. Not to be outdone, each following day has felt like competing.
                          We're somewhat saved today because of lower humidity. We recorded our first death from the heat 2 days ago.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Ever been to Grimsby?
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Or Middlesbrough?

Comment

Working...
                              X