Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safarov - old news

Ramil Safarov

was born in the town of Jabrayil in Azerbaijan, in 1977. In 1993 or 4, I don't know, the city was captured by forces of Upper Karabach (Karabach was an armenian autonomic region in Azeri SSR. The population, majorly armenian, demanded transfering of it to Armenian SSR. --> pogroms of Armenians in Azerbaijan --> armenian revolt --> (end of USSR) --> war in Karabach --> Karabach not only defended most of its territory, but also captured 20% of Azerbaijan. The azeri and kurdish population fled or was expelled (Armenians were pushed out of Azerbaijan earlier on).
    Safarov, expulsed, became a lieutenant in the Azerbaijani Army. In February of 2004, while attending a NATO Partnership for Peace program, he first slaughtered one Armenian lieutenant, chopping him with an axe and almost decapitating, and then stabbing him many times with a knife, and attempted to do the same to another.

Azerbaijani Ministry of Foreign Affairs expressed condolences to the family of Gurgen Markaryan, but, and that's what bothers me, many Azeris white-wash Safarov's crime, and demand that he should be freed, because
    1) he saw armenian atrocities as a teen-ager
    2) the victim allegedly "provoked him" (so he killed him in his room, with an axe that he probably always keeps with himself, and tried to do the same to someone else).

There is an azeri group dedicated to him at facebook, with over 600 participants.

I've written them what I think about it, although in a very polite way.
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

I like his eyebrow(s)
    The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

He has a rather stupid look to his face.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Free Hat!!!
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

So don't let any men with axes into your room. Some Azeris may believe that all Armenians should die. To them this man is a hero. No reasonable input will do anything but provoke them.

Do not play with matches in a gas station. Let those people be.
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
          X