Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9 Israelis arrested for running Nigerian scam targetting American senior citizens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 Israelis arrested for running Nigerian scam targetting American senior citizens

God damn ****ing bastards.

9 people in their late 20s and early 30s were arrested. They were operating an organized office. They had huge lists of names and phones of American senior citizens, who they would call, present themselves as attorneys and inform "I understand you have been waiting for this call. You better sit down, you have won 500K". Seniors would fall for it because many of them are buying some kind of lottery tickets.

Then they would convince people to pay "taxes" for the win, before the money transfer. People who were judged to be richer, (and more gullible) were then transferred to "higher managers" who told them their winnings quadrupled, and they have to pay even more taxes.

After sucking out the money people had, they would vanish. Obviously the contact info they gave was fake. Reportedly, some of the elderly eventually lost their homes and got into large financial troubles.

They were arrested over 2 months ago, and US has applied for extradition. Their lawyers wish are trying to fight it, but the Israeli prosecution as well as the courts appear to be quite eager to extradite ( ) and have them punished in the US, because that's where the victims are, and they would be punished more severely than in Israel.

God damn bastards. I hope they rot.

I'm torn. I hate old people (social security, driving too slow), but I also hate teh j00z (except of course, the babes of the IDF). Who am I supposed to side with on this one?
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

With any luck they were targeting old jooz.

WIN WIN WIN BABY
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Honestly, why do old people do so much gambling?

This is why old people shouldn't be allowed to have money.

:wiglaf:

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Agreeing with JM

Comment

Note: Siro didn't say they were Jews, but rather Israelis.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I have virtually no sympathy for people who fall for Nigerian scams. It's ****ing 2009, people.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

The scammers were israeli jews
                the victims - i don't know.

Comment

If they were Israeli Arabs that probably would have come up in the OP.

Kind of like if Turks in Germany were running a scam. Or white guys in Mexico.
                  John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Israel already scams us out of billions of dollars in foreign aid a weaponry, what's a little more from some elderly Americans?

Comment

Money-hungry citizens of the Z.E.
                      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                      Middle East!

Comment

I just had a new style letter from a very nice christian lady from The Netherlands who was gonna send me 5 million. Unfortunately, thats just not enough money for the effort involved so I didnt answer. Plus, her grammar and spelling were atrocious.
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I bet we could make a killing if we did a scam using proper English and grammar.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
                            Israel already scams us out of billions of dollars in foreign aid a weaponry, what's a little more from some elderly Americans?
                            You can ask your own weapons contractors which we are required to buy from, if they are pleased with the foreign aid or not.

There's one thing that America is not, and that's dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov View Post
                              There's one thing that America is not, and that's dumb.
                              Yes it is.
                              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                              Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                              X