X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family axes wedding plans, Egyptian cuts off organ

By SARAH EL DEEB
    Associated Press Writer

CAIRO (AP) -- A 25-year-old Egyptian man cut off his own penis to spite his family after he was refused permission to marry a girl from a lower class family, police reported Sunday.

After unsuccessfully petitioning his father for two years to marry the girl, the man heated up a knife and sliced off his reproductive organ, said a police official.

The young man came from a prominent family in the southern Egyptian province of Qena, one of Egypt's poorest and most conservative areas that is also home to the famed ancient Egyptian ruins of Luxor.

The man was rushed to the hospital but doctors were unable to reattach the severed member, the official added citing the police report filed after the incident.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak with the press, added that the man was still recovering in the hospital.

Traditionally, marriages in these conservative part of southern Egypt are between similar social classes and often within the same extended families - and are rarely for love.
    Last edited by SlowwHand; June 1, 2009, 18:26.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

The old adage needs an update. "Cut off your nose" is out.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Darwin
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

That'll show 'em. Cutting your dick off is a powerful message to your parents. It tells them that you're retarded.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

There's no romance on this forum.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

This is much more meaningful than tattooing a name on you, and that says a lot.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

"I'm so mad at you I'm going to cut off my own penis!"

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                "I'm so mad at you I'm going to cut off my own penis!"

Dpends on how many sons they have. If he's the only family heir, he's given them quite a bit of a blow. OTOH, I think I'd rather have grabbed the girl and fled...
                Then again, every country worthwhile going to would put me and wifey in a plane again and bring me back.
                "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Wonder if he ever thought that she might not want him without his woo woo So then what would you say, the old saying cutting off your nose to spite your face....so cutting off your penis to spite what your balls?
                  Last edited by Tiamat; June 2, 2009, 08:36.
                  Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                  Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                  Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                  You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

poor guy. I hope he'll get a penis transplant. An unwise thing to do for him, but he must've been deeply in love. Such a shame.
                    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                    Middle East!

Comment

Instead of cutting it off, he should have used his penis as a weapon until his family relented. D*ck slapping can go a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat View Post
                        Wonder if he ever thought that she might not want him without his woo woo
                        I don't think he planed this as a "now they'll have to let me marry her" thing. He probably tought of suicide to spite his parents, but decided that was no fun since he won't be able to see his families reaction.
                        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson View Post
                          poor guy. I hope he'll get a penis transplant.
                          I don't think that is possible. Even reattached members seldom "work".
                          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

I have learned through my years of experience not to do rash, impulsive things that you may regret later in life. This is one of them.

I'm proud to say I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
                              I don't think that is possible. Even reattached members seldom "work".
                              Well, it sucks, then. Poor fellow. I really feel for him.
                              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                              Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                              X