Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waterloo 194 years on, France still pissed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
      If it speaks French, then it is French - FACT!
      They spoke Norman and helped define both modern French and modern English.

I was going to say by your argument all Americans would be English, but then I remembered most of them don't speak English.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

1. Actually they would be French too, since it was UK colonies, and the UK is actually French, which we established above

2. Oh what, is this a serious debate now? I'm somewhat disappointed. But then I have to say the link you posted says Norman is a dialect of the Romance language, and the entry for it it says for example:

"The Gallo-Romance branch of Romance languages includes French, Occitan, Franco-Provençal, and several other languages spoken in modern France and northern Italy."

The entry for "English language" also says: "After the Norman conquest, Old English developed into Middle English, borrowing heavily from the Norman (Anglo-French) vocabulary and spelling conventions."

Bolding by me of course
        Blah

Comment

But the normans were vikings, so that means we're all Danish?
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

OK, I stand corrected then
            Blah

Comment

If this is a Franco-American affair, will they celebrate by eating Spaghetti-O's?
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
                Who cares? Are you a personal friend of the queen?
                I'm a closet anglophile.
                Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

They should've invited not only England, but also Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Poland, all the former french colonies etc. Everyone that took part in liberation of France.
                  "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                  I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                  Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                    But the normans were vikings, so that means we're all Danish?
                    Everyone:

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Now I want a danish.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                        Everyone:

That is actually Wienerbrød.
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Saras View Post
                          I'm a closet anglophile.
                          It's ok. I was a bit abrasive for no reason. Let's hug.

Comment

typical french behaviour -- rewriting history to make heroes of themselves, while doing nothing about root cause of their bad war record since WWI, the still on-going embarrisingly bad pussification of their national character

there seems to be no heroism or courage in that country, only hollow pride

Comment

while doing nothing about root cause of their bad war record since WWI, the still on-going embarrisingly bad pussification of their national character

France did do something about the root cause of their bad war record; they successfully turned the rest of Europe into pussies, as well.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
                                It's ok. I was a bit abrasive for no reason. Let's hug.
                                I do M&A advice for a living. That was not abrasive. I thought you wanted to marry me.
                                Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                                Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                                Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Working...
                                X