29.41%
    No. I hope the OP dies from cancer.
    41.18%
    What is Pokemanz?
    17.65%
    LOL
    11.76%

Invalid poll.
    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

POKEMANZ!!!

"

Comment

Understand, of course, that I'll be calling the cops on anyone who votes option 2.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

So far, that's half of the poll respondants. Get dialing.
          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

My vote doesn't count since you can't get in trouble for threatening yourself.

Comment

Played it once and beat it (Pokemon Yellow). Failed to see the appeal of the game, but couldn't give it back because it was a birthday gift from the then-bf. The game had one segment where the difficulty level was unexpectedly, unreasonably high because you faced a load of Rock type Pokemon, and Pikachu was useless against them (as were most of the other Pokemon you could collect). Other than that it was largely mindless XP grinding with so many out-of-nowhere ambush encounters that it made me wish my Game Boy had a damn popup blocker.

JRPGs rarely impress me. Western RPGs are far better in my opinion, although some of those have similar problems. Baldur's Gate I also had an insanely hard early game which did not scale at all to the relative power of your characters, effectively killing the game's explore-at-will pretensions. This game was so frustrating and poorly designed I was surprised they had the balls to make a sequel. (Although the sequel was excellent and I'm glad they did.)
              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

No. I hope the OP dies from cancer.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Cancer from polychlorinated biphenyls?
                  "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Is that the worst?
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I'll be honest, I never played the game. I created this thread as an excuse to say "Pokemanz".

Comment

I suspected as much.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
                          So far, that's half of the poll respondants. Get dialing.
                          I'm too lazy for that. I'll probably just edit the poll so that it appears no one voted for option 2.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia View Post

JRPGs rarely impress me. Western RPGs are far better in my opinion, although some of those have similar problems. Baldur's Gate I also had an insanely hard early game which did not scale at all to the relative power of your characters, effectively killing the game's explore-at-will pretensions. This game was so frustrating and poorly designed I was surprised they had the balls to make a sequel. (Although the sequel was excellent and I'm glad they did.)

Never played BG I, but I've played BGII and needless to say I think it's pretty good. [Insert rant on all subsequent D&D computer games here]. Trouble with the Pokeseries is that it's all mechanics and no storyline. It's more of an unthinking escape from reality than say, BG II, which least tries to inject a well thought out plot and fleshed out characters into the game (and succeeds more often than most games do).
                            Last edited by Zevico; May 31, 2009, 10:18. Reason: Addressing the topic; stating the obvious; writing with unnecessary and gramatically incorrect semicolons.
                            "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Hey Sloww...
                              Did you ever know that you're my hero
                              And everything I'd like to be
                              I can fly higher than an eagle
                              But you are the wind beneath my wing

Comment

Working...
                              X