Flight safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight safety

There used to be a website called amigoingdown.com that gave loads of interesting info on airlines and crashes. They had loads of stats on things like frequency of crashes, number killed/injured by airline, location and type of plane.

It's been a while since I went on there but it seems to have become some sh!tty search engine now. Does anyone know where I can find the old website or has it vanished..

I'm going to be doing a lot of internal flights in India and want to know if I'll survive.

A nice stat in 'Risk: The Science and Politics of Fear' by Dan Gardner shows that more people in the US died in the year following 11/9 on roads than 11/9 itself, as a direct result of having fled the airports 'to be safe from terrorism'...

Moral of the story: Even flying in India is safer than driving a car in a western country.
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

India:
      Aviation Safety Network: Aviation Safety Network: Databases containing descriptions of over 11000 airliner write-offs, hijackings and military aircraft accidents.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Sweet! Thanks Asher!

Comment

Asher's an idiot. PlaneCrashInfo.com is clearly far superior. The best part is the "last words" section that tells you the last words of the pilots before they flew into the ground. I'm torn between "MOUNTAINS!!!" and "Why's that ignition light on?"

Comment

The aircraft crashed into a 2,500 ft. mountain during an approach in heavy rain and fog.
            Despite two altitude alert system warnings and the co-pilot's warning of the mountains
            ahead, the captain continued to descend below the minimum descend altitude. Non-
            observance of air traffic and carrier's procedures.

F/O = First Officer
            CAPT = Captain

F/O: Can you see there are some hills in front?
            CAPT: What? There's what?
            F/O: Some hills, isn't there?
            [Sound of impact]
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

That's a great site! I love how they censor any "expletives".

Comment

Working...
              X