Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Slovenian revolution ... was it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
    If someone other than Slobodan Milosevic, someone more solicitous of non-Serbian participation had been elected President of Serbia could the breakup of Yugoslavia have been prevented?

Actually yes. Yugoslavia would have probably devolved into a confederacy because of economic troubles but the wars of the 90's could have been avoided. If the Serbs would have toleradet this hypothetical president that is.

In any case Slovenia would probably be less devloped but the balkans would by now most likley be part of the EU in their entirety.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Slovenia

I loved how you guys managed to trigger the Yugoslav civil wars and escape harm virtually scot free whilst plunging the rest of the nation into destruction. It is a beautiful country that I want to visit one day - but dude, one place above Malta isn't something to brag about...

Oh and Laibach!
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
        Slovenia

I loved how you guys managed to trigger the Yugoslav civil wars and escape harm virtually scot free whilst plunging the rest of the nation into destruction. It is a beautiful country that I want to visit one day - but dude, one place above Malta isn't something to brag about...

Oh and Laibach!

Two places above the UK.

Also I think Wales should follow our example.
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Working...
        X