What's your hair style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your hair style?

I've been told by a couple of girls at work I need to do something with my hair. I tell them I don't really want to put gel in my hair, but maybe I should? I say that my hair is too thin, and it'd probably show my skull. But I should maybe try it once and see how it looks.

I've always had pretty outdated hair. I kept the part in the middle look way into the 90's. And that's like an early 80's hairstyle. Right now I part it on the side, which is like a 50's hairstyle lol. No gel or sprays. I like my hair soft

So if I were to use gel, what would I do with it? What hairstyle is popular right now? And finally to the thread question, post your current hairstyle. Pics too if you want.

Originally posted by Dis View Post
    I've been told by a couple of girls at work I need to do something with my hair. I tell them I don't really want to put gel in my hair, but maybe I should? I say that my hair is too thin, and it'd probably show my skull. But I should maybe try it once and see how it looks.

I've always had pretty outdated hair. I kept the part in the middle look way into the 90's. And that's like an early 80's hairstyle. Right now I part it on the side, which is like a 50's hairstyle lol. No gel or sprays. I like my hair soft

So if I were to use gel, what would I do with it? What hairstyle is popular right now? And finally to the thread question, post your current hairstyle. Pics too if you want.
    For years I had a buzzed head. Now I'm growing my hair out to medium-length. It's a good 3 inches long or so currently. I don't do anything particularly special with it at all. I do use spray in conditioner to keep it from frizzing, but that's it. I use my hands to just mat it down to the sides.

Like my avatar at CG.
    Attached Files
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

long, past my shoulders, and parted in the middle.

you should totally get a mohawk, dis, raging bull style.
      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Yeah Dis, that's what you should do.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Mine is getting fairly long (well, comparatively for me). It's not shoulder length, but let's just say it's the length you see businessmen wear in 70s shows.

I use a tiny bit of gel.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Short(ish), and spiky, after my ex asked me to do it. She's gone, but the hair stays. Well, at least until I meet another demanding woman....

Comment

I use forming wax for my hair. It holds well without making your hair look and feel like plastic. It lasts for a long time too. I usually don't have to buy a new container for at least 6 months. I have medium length hair that is parted on my left side. You can check my profile if you want to see what it looks like.

For a short time I tried combing my hair back but I have dark hair and a very prominent widow's peak. Friends said I looked too villainous that way.

Just ask a barber's opinion. They're often good at matching a hairstyle with a face shape.

Comment

If I was a cop, I'd pull you over for questioning whenever I saw you.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Comment

You probably don't want to hear this, Dis, but if the girls at work are devoting time to your grooming needs, that means at least one of them is interested. Ask them for examples of what they're thinking of. They will probably use examples from movies and TV. Get photos from the Interwebs. Then go in to a stylist with the pix. Tell him/her that you want a nice contemporary look "something like this" but with a natural feel. Stress the fact that it should not require much care and upkeep.

Personally, I don't use product on my hair. I wash it, I use conditioner, air-dry, brush it, then go back to the barber when it's time. Frankly, hair care was easier in my ponytail days (roughly '92-2005). But my wife and daughter don't want me to grow it back. Ah well, they probably know best.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Short. Cut it meself not long ago. Was long and fluffy, before, had trouble fitting my bicycle helmet on...
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Bald, Picard style. You need someone intimidated, just give me a call.
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Hair gel is for ******s.
                          Before I went to London, I had long-ish hair (2 to 3 inches probably) because I didn't have time to go and have it cut.
                          A couple of weeks ago I finally had it cut, to about 3/4 of an inch, so now I don't have to comb it often. Can't part it yet, because the hairs are not long enough to obey gravity.
                          Graffiti in a public toilet
                          Do not require skill or wit
                          Among the **** we all are poets
                          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Working...
                          X