US continues move to the left; Repugs don't get it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US continues move to the left; Repugs don't get it

Nearly all major subgroups show decreased Republican Party affiliation compared to earlier this decade, including a 10-point drop among college graduates (from 47% to 37%). Only among some of its core constituencies has the GOP managed to largely maintain its support.

PRINCETON, NJ -- The decline in Republican Party affiliation among Americans in recent years is well documented, but a Gallup analysis now shows that this movement away from the GOP has occurred among nearly every major demographic subgroup. Since the first year of George W. Bush's presidency in 2001, the Republican Party has maintained its support only among frequent churchgoers, with conservatives and senior citizens showing minimal decline.
    Even some of the old stand-bys are leaving them. Soon all that will be left is Ben.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Where's the evidence that the U.S. if moving to the left? All I see is that people are leaving the Republican party...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

California keeps moving to teh left because of continental drift.

Comment

DaShi continues to parody thread titles; Drake doesn't get it
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Look at you Riesstue IV. Getting in there before me. This is beacause of the Wiglaf post, isn't it? Admit it!!! :wiglaf:
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
              DaShi continues to parody thread titles; Drake doesn't get it

"I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

that chart is a good summary of the Bush years

Comment

Yeah, a total and unmitigated disaster. But then I did predict it, so meh...

Comment

Surefire way for the GOP to get voted out of power: Spend taxpayer money like it's going out of style.
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Well, we did say that invading Iraq was a bad idea...

Comment

Working...
                        X