Angels and demons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angels and demons

Did the film deliberately mean to disregard science at every opportunity? Is it an attempt at sarcastic irony?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Tom Hanks was on the Daily Show the other day and pointed out that it wasn't very scientific.

So.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

The Daily Show is scientific:
      The Daily Show With Jon StewartM - Th 11p / 10c
      Large Hadron Collider
      thedailyshow.com
      Daily Show
      Full Episodes
      Economic CrisisPolitical Humor
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Didn't know KH was that old....
        Blah

Comment

I've met that old guy. The detector room looked like ATLAS. if so, then I was down there as well. And I went to a reception inside that big sphere at 4:21 of the video.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

We were reading the book this film is based upon in German in our German class for some reason, and it had ridiculous errors, like mobile phones having a dial tone and copters having a neutral gear. Is the movie just as ridiculous?
            Graffiti in a public toilet
            Do not require skill or wit
            Among the **** we all are poets
            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

All the review I've seen were not very favorable. It did 58 mil last weekend.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Is it a decent action movie though?
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

The main review that I read said it was as boring as the divinci code. Since I didn't see that, I'm not sure how to answer that question.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

From AO Scott's review in the New York Times:

The only people likely to be offended by “Angels & Demons” are those who persist in their adherence to the fading dogma that popular entertainment should earn its acclaim through excellence and originality. It is therefore not surprising that the public reaction so far has been notably calm.
                    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Well, the book was not much to write home about, badly written and a badass idiotic end. But much better than that book he wrote after Angel and Demons and The da Vinci Code, there I knew who the bad guy was some 15 pages or so into the book. It was all too easy to see. Seriously, that author should take some classes.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

it's written by the guy who made "da vinci code", of course it's ridiculous

you watched it, the joke's on you

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                          Did the film deliberately mean to disregard science at every opportunity? Is it an attempt at sarcastic irony?
                          It's Dan Brown! That's like asking if this Christopher Hitchens book means to slam religion at every oppertunity.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I read somewhere (I think Intuitor) that the book involved a conspiracy to kill the Pope with a bomb containing something like a pound of antimatter. Because, y'know, the Pope is immune to conventional and even nuclear explosives, and it's totally worthwhile to synthesize a large amount of a very hard-to-make and dangerously unstable substance just to blow up a religious leader whose main duties consist of making dry speeches apologizing for oppressing some group in the past--and then apologizing for the bits in said speeches that offend some other group.

Plus it's written by the hack who wrote The DaVinci Code. I only read one page of that book, and I couldn't bear to read more. It was like watching a snuff film of the English language. So the real question is: why did you watch the stupid movie, and why did you expect it to not be stupid?
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I can't stand that guy

Comment

Working...
                              X