Petition to Have Spamming Stopped in the Off Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition to Have Spamming Stopped in the Off Topic

Seriously serious here guys. We need to stop with the spamming. I may have, once or twice, contributed to the efforts of those around here who might find it alright or even worthwhile to spam our otherwise perfect Off Topic and for this I am sorry. I generally try to Troll, so if my Trolls are ever misinterpreted as spam it's probably because you are an idiot, or blind, or both. Anyway, here is what I suggest to help put a crack down on all the spamming we have been experiencing since the new management has taken over;

1. Ban the old mods. It is clearly clear that they are relishing in their new found freedoms that have been granted them with the role reversal. All this nonsense they are spewing about whatever they are talking about has forced me to put them all on ignore.

2. Ban the new mods. It is also clearly clear that they do not know what they are doing, else I wouldn't be forced to make this petition.

3. Sticky everything. This may or may not solve/cause problems. However, it will certainly cause confusion that would be easily cleared up. This way, when people complain about some sub-forum disappearing or some stupid forum rule about spamming being instilled the new management can just go "hey, at least every thread isn't stickied! Be Happy with it being this good!"

4. I believe :froggy: and :vomit: smileys will greatly reduce the spam around here. How? Lets just say it's too complicated of a theory for any of us to understand, Herreson is probably the only one who knows why. So, we are best off just trying it and seeing what happens.

5. No more Panda love speak. Not only is it mean and disgusting, but it is also torture when no links or explicit videos are allowed to accompany the post, forcing certain people to google for such images only to be caught by the persons SO looking at the search... she now thinks that person is nutso and needs clinical help. Not going to say who that person is, just thought I'd mention the ramifications of your actions.

6. All posts should be routed through Asher, via PM, who will then send these posts to new management and all the CFC mods. Once he receives approval from new management and at least one CFC mod then the post can be said to have been "pre-approved" for posting. The post can then be placed in a pre-forum directory at which time the post will be voted upon by the general OT community who will decided "relevance for admittance". If the post fails to receive 2/3rds approval by voting participants within a 24 hour period the post will be deleted and not posted to the forum it was intended for. If it does receive the necessary approvals it can then be posted in the forum. However, if anyone gets offended by the post they may "flag" the post and take it to Forum Court.

That's all I have so far, but it's good start. Feel free to add to the petition, sign, or suggest amendments. The spam must stop now so that productivity can be realized. The spice must flow... wait. uh.

Forum Court: Duh duh.
    Monkey!!!

Forum Court.

But Forum Court should be a Klingon fight to the death kind of thing.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Japher for OT mod.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

Banning
        Blah

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
          Japher for OT mod.
          Heck no. Especially if rule #2 of the petition is approved! (I think it has a good chance of being implemented)

Forum Court should be subforum of the Sports subforum
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Ban everyone

Comment

This is a seriously serious thread.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Japher
                "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                Middle East!

Comment

+1
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                    +1
                    Oooh, really cute.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Forum Court? Is this the name of the subforum were anything goes?
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
                        Oooh, really cute.
                        and that isn't?
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I think Japher should be banned until he returns to Bloom County.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I think we should have some code that generates one random 24hr ban every week. It means endless fun I tell you, endless fun
                            Blah

Comment

plus one.
                              I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                              [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Working...
                              X