Another Historical What If.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Historical What If.

If the Mongols had been able to successfully colonize Russia who would have had the best Main Battle Tank in our current time? Would there have been anyone to stop the evil Finns?

Would UAV's have air to air capability by now?
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Mongols couldn't successfully colonize anyone, simply because they were the barbarians, not the people they were conquering.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

they kicked ass though
      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
        Mongols couldn't successfully colonize anyone, simply because they were the barbarians, not the people they were conquering.
        Sort of like Russians
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
          They did fine in China though. German barbarians managed to convert to decent civilization after wreaking havoc in the torn apart Roman empire. The Ostrogoth Theodoric was a fairly benevolent ruler in Italy for example.

People can change! Yes they can!
          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

goddamn Mongorians!

Comment

Mongorians would still be using horse cavalry, mowed down by machine guns.
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Once in Russia they could arm bears and upgrade to bear cavalry though
                Blah

Comment

What about Tesla coils?
                  Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                  The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                  The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Working...
                  X