**** intel, they deserve the ****ing fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **** intel, they deserve the ****ing fine

Until an hour ago I had a perfectly fine Zalman fan/heatsink on my processor. Then it broke. So I have a spare Intel fan lying around and figure I might as well use that. Except it turns out Intel thought it was really important to have a heatsink you can install WITHOUT TOOLS (if you dont have access to a screwdriver you shouldn't be installing **** in your computer ), so they have this godawful system that requires SUPERHUMAN STRENGTH to actually lock into place.

My little brother and I have been trying to install this thing for the past 45 minutes

so they have this godawful system that requires grown-up man strength
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Get the person who cleans all of your bathrooms to do it. They must have some Herculean strength
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

**** it, I'm just going to best buy tomorrow morning and getting a new NON-INTEL fan

Comment

Technically Kuci would have to ask his personal translator to ask his bathroom maid.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

conveniently, they're the same person

Comment

Good point. Though I guess we should thank Kuci for making illegal immigration profitable.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Mom?

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Is this a Core2 stock heatsink? All the Intel heatsinks I've worked with have been easy to install.

Check the orientation of the plastic plugs. They won't push in if they aren't turned correctly. Unless something is weird with your MB (non-standard, too small heatsink mounting holes) the stock Intel heatsink should be rather easy to attach.

Comment

Well, I guess this wouldn't the first time Kuci couldn't find the proper hole...

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                      Is this a Core2 stock heatsink? All the Intel heatsinks I've worked with have been easy to install.

Check the orientation of the plastic plugs. They won't push in if they aren't turned correctly. Unless something is weird with your MB (non-standard, too small heatsink mounting holes) the stock Intel heatsink should be rather easy to attach.
                      Stock Core2 heatsink. ASUS nForce 790 mobo. I know the plugs are oriented correctly; I think the screw holes of the MB are just deeper than average.

Comment

No.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Did you unscrew the Zalman, by any chance?
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Comment

I take it that you've got that sorted.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                              X