Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, if a car 25 years old or older is an antique...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krill View Post
    Mug mat? the pieces of crap you put under a glass of liquid holder so you don't get rings on a table. Not sure what the American is for such an object
    Coaster, ie what was often created by early burners.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Yeah, numerical work in C++/ROOT.

I do check my analytical work with mathematica... especially recently as I am rusty.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I use the numerical recipes libraries, not ROOT

I guess I'm just more familiar with them. I only use root because monte carlo generators and detector simulators tend to put out .root output. Plus it's got nice 4-vector manipulation stuff already in there.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Yeah, I actually don't like a lot of things aobut ROOT, it does too much.

But it has lots of numerical stuff, and I already know about it, so...

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Do you have a detector simulator for your stuff? Is it based on GEANT 4 (like PGS)?
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Yeah, two of the other people use GEANT4 and GEANT3.

I have been busy with other stuff.

There is a lot of really boring stuff that needs done, and it is split among the students, although I Think I got more then I needed to.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                BTW, I consider anybody who uses a program to do analytic manipulation of any kind to be barely human.
                And those who don;t do numerical manipulation are subhuman?
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

No. You can be a human being and be bad at numerical work.

I'm generous.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Well my wife is an antique but doesn't quite qualify as a classic.
                    I doubt I will be mentioning this to her.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I damned sure would advise not phrasing that comment to her, as you did here.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

yep
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                        X