Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EU fines Intel $1.45B. Where does that money go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does the money go?

Wish I was going to an EU meeting soon.

Comment

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
        AMD caused Intel to need to compete more, Intel did... now AMD is hurting.
        QFT.

Sucks, but it's the truth.
        B♭3

Comment

The Commission described how AMD had offered an unnamed manufacturer a million free CPUs

But Intel offering rebates is somehow anti-competitive? EU
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

That seems a little excessive, however, given that the US government doesn't seem to give a **** about what Intel does maybe someone has to.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

AMD was doing pretty good when they made a quality product.

Now that they're **** again they're struggling.

Them's the breaks.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post

The Commission described how AMD had offered an unnamed manufacturer a million free CPUs

I'll bite...

AMD offered them...but were they accepted? And if they have to offer a million free CPUs to just get a look in that just shows how greedy Intel were.
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill View Post
                  I'll bite...

AMD offered them...but were they accepted? And if they have to offer a million free CPUs to just get a look in that just shows how greedy Intel were.
                  It's a lot of work increasing your platform count. There's overhead involved for companies like Dell, overhead that ruins their business model for the most part.

It's a lot more complex than seeing just 1M free CPUs. It was assuredly tied with some contract itself (maybe even exclusivity). And frankly, I wouldn't want to enter into any kind of serious deal with AMD for reasons of their past performances alone.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

The EU fines American companies every time their stupid Dago led commission needs cocaine money and cash for Turkish male prostitutes. Bunch of greedy dicks.

We give you assh*les a free missile shield and this is how you repay us?

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
                      Dago
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
                        Dago
                        One of my best friends' first name is Dago. I never realized it was American slang for 'Italian'
                        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post

Seriously, if you fail to recognize that if AMD can't even get manufacturers to accept free chips because Intel screws em around so much, then it's back to elementary school for you I'm afraid.
                          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs View Post
                            Seriously, if you fail to recognize that if AMD can't even get manufacturers to accept free chips because Intel screws em around so much, then it's back to elementary school for you I'm afraid.
                            Why would they be free? They're free on the condition that the company _____________.

You could offer me a million free CPUs (with the condition that I'll **** you 800 million times).

I won't sign it.

Comment

Working...
                            X