Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Americans talk funnylike in the early 20th century?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did Americans talk funnylike in the early 20th century?

I'm watching more of the World at War, currently focusing on American cowardice circa 1939, and all of the Americans have nasaly, high-pitched voices with an accent that is very rare today among most Americans.

WTF happened?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

This has bugged me for years.

The style of speaking has changed, too. Everyone spoke more slowly back then.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

It's the film quality you idiot. Do you also think the world suddenly changed from black and white to color? Back in the 30s people did not blow moneys on blu-ray hi fi sound systems, they spent it on sex with women and Elvis

Comment

It's not the film quality, because the Brits, Germans, Japs, and Russians they interview sound normal. It's only the Americans that sound emasculated, whiney, and a bit British.

Comment

Related notes: The pro-war American propaganda songs from World War 2 are HILARIOUS.

Comment

RACE: Counterglow and Apolyton are now competing. Who can find me the answer to this first?

Comment

Those gay Americans were all purged by McCarthy...that's why America today is butch, masculine, commie hating and God fearing.
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Quick! Post that in CG as well, PH!
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

It's a good theory though.
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                      I'm watching more of the World at War, currently focusing on American cowardice circa 1939, and all of the Americans have nasaly, high-pitched voices with an accent that is very rare today among most Americans.

WTF happened?
                      I thought I was the only one who noticed.

Comment

Working...
                      X