Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget Jesus there's (another) Virgin Mary sighting

What's wrong with these people?

CALEXICO, Calif. - The hottest thing on the griddle at the Las Palmas restaurant these days isn't the food - it's the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe a cook says she saw on the griddle.

Restaurant manager Brenda Martinez says more than 100 people have flocked to the small town Calexico on the California-Mexico border to gaze at the likeness of the Virgin Mary since it was discovered as the griddle was being cleaned.

Among the awe-struck was a group of masked Mexican wrestlers who arrived Thursday for an exhibition at a nearby swap meet.

One, known as Mr. Tempest, says it is a "a true miracle."

Since the discovery, the griddle has been taken out of service and placed in a shrine in a storage room.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Shrine...in a storage room? What wankers.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I wonder what else they have at that shrine?
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

First time I've hear a Mexican wrestler quoted. I will remember this day forever.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Closing this one because it's the least interesting one.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

The thread is resurrected.

Two miracles in one thread people!

Post now.

Comment

Accommodating moderation? Now I know this is all a joke.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

If the Virgin Mary can appear on a kitchen utensil why is it so hard to believe a thread can rise again?

Comment

Well that's just great. Now we have undead, brain-sucking threads!

I'm moving to a mall with a good selection of sporting goods outlets, and plenty of food.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Clearly this thread was worthy of resurrection.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Cool, Lori's soft.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

He's a miracle worker.

Comment

Woohoo, we have at least one mod that we can manipulate however we want. This next months is going to be fun...
                          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

In fairness to Lori (before this gets too far out of hand...)

I asked him to reopen the thread as one of my two for today (it was closed for exceeding yesterdays limit).

Comment

the title of this thread shows strong protestant / post-protestant anti-catholic bias.
                              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                              Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                              X