Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LASIK- thinking I made a big mistake

Anyone else have this procedure done?

desperation causes people to do many stupid things, and LASIK may have been one of them. I'm kind of desperate for help, I didn't ask enough questions at the doctor apprantly. I'm trying to register for a site called lasermyeye to ask for advice there, but still haven't heard back from admin. I've read lots of horror stories there already. So perhaps I'm worrying for no reason. Anyways I'm just about 7 days post op right now.

The biggest problem is my vision is cloudy. It's not possible to get cataracts from this procedure is it? They measured me at 20/15 the next day in my right eye. And 20/20 in my left. I paid extra for the more accurate procedure. I think it's called wavefront, but they called it enhanced. I know I didn't ask enough questions. My next appointment isn't for another 8 days, and I can't wait that long.

Anyways my vision is good yet cloudy at the same time. It just feels like there's a bunch of crap in my eye. I can see far with no problem. Although things that are extremely close to my eye are hard to see. I can't read things that are withing 2 feet of my eye it seems. I don't remember it being this bad before. But most people don't read things that close anyways, right? Night vision sucks of course, but I'm still able to drive reasonably safely. Good thing is I work graveyard and have to drive 20 miles to work everyday. but light sources at night are blurry, but that may heal over time.

I just can't seem to find info with other people who had a similar problem with their eye post surgery, which scares me. I don't know how to accurately describe my vision. As I said I can see far away, and don't need glasses or anything, and can drive. But my eyes just seem cloudy like you've been asleep a long time and have a bunch of gunk in your eyes in the morning. Of course I can't rub my eyes, that's a big no-no. There seems no way to clear my eyes out. I've already completed the 5 day drop routine, and now only use artifcial tears.

My vision seems good and bad at the same time. Playing computer games is completely out of the question, I really can't focus on the screen all that well. And I can only sleep so many hours of the day. I'm pretty miserable right now. I can see myself turning into an alcoholic really quick now, as that's the only thing I can do now. People at work said it could take 3 months to heal (people at that website said it could take up till a year), but none of them mentioned this cloudiness or inability to focus.

Man, that's scaryDis, but I can't help, sorry
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Sounds like dilation.

Comment

This is normal you coward. Did you expect your eyes to not mind being cut apart? There is a healing process. Maybe it is your whiney tears making your vision cloudy. I am about to die because I have not eaten in over four days. I suggest you refer your white ass to a malpractice attorney if you want someone to complain to.

And no Lasik does not render you incapable of googling, sailor. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=lasik+blurry+vision

Comment

Aren't you dead?
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I'd give it a few days and if it's not better call, or go in.

It may just be an adjustment period
            Monkey!!!

Comment

They probably just gave you swine flu in your eyes. And gonorrhea.
              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                This is normal you coward. Did you expect your eyes to not mind being cut apart? There is a healing process. Maybe it is your whiney tears making your vision cloudy. I am about to die because I have not eaten in over four days. I suggest you refer your white ass to a malpractice attorney if you want someone to complain to.

And no Lasik does not render you incapable of googling, sailor. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=lasik+blurry+vision
                you'd make a good counselor

and I wish I had whiney tears. Hopefully I'll be able to cry in time. But actually it's normal tear ducts I want to get working. But that could take 6 months to a year- if at all. Anyways my vision isn't necessarily blurry, I can pass the eye test after all, but I'll check that link.

Comment

Wow, Wiglaf so soft
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

It's the lack of protein. His will is broken.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

it's kind of sparse on useful info though, but somewhat reassuring.

anyways I recommend against this surgery. It's not worth it.

Comment

Whatever you do, don't go to the chat forums.
                        20 people post of which 15 that had a great experience but make a single post which are overwhelmed by the 5 (100 posts each) that think they had a problem, and the end result is any newcomer gets more paranoid and depressed.

That's what happened to me at the chantix sites. I wanted to check out what others were claiming as side effects and it almost freaked me out. If anybody they knew had commited suicide they'd post 1000 times and it looked like over half the people knew somoene that had committed suicide.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

ya that kind of bummed me out. I already checked out the forums, just awaiting activation... http://www.lasermyeye.org/forums/index.php

but negative news can be... well negative. But at the same time I want to read info that is is the normal part of the healing process. As my doctor mentioned nothing about this. Seems like he was out for a quick buck. He pretty much said I'd be ready to go the next day (his website says 4 to 6 weeks healing- but doesn't what that entails)

The problem with the internet is so much negativity. Kind of have to take the bad with the good I suppose. I get down easy, the news gets me down, yet I still try to keep up with it for some reason. That dead (missing for a few days) California girl got me real down a few weeks ago.

Comment

I got it done 10 years ago and it was great. I couldn't read for a few days afterwards during the healing process. I don't remember if it was cloudy, but I just couldn't focus up close.

You should have a number of follow-up appts to make sure everything is good, so they'll know if there is a problem. Don't worry!
                            Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                              Wow, Wiglaf so soft
                              I dont think its the same person. I havent laughed at any wig-isms in months.
                              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                              X