Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Execution Prevention Bull****.

I'm pissed off.

Just recently, my Microsoft Windows XP has activated DEP that is SERIOUSLY disrupting my Internet use and experience.

I have tried going under Control Panel and then going to System to change its setting but there's only two options - neither of which allow me to completely disable or remove this mutha******.

Has anyone else have had bad experience with this retarded "protection" feature?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

I'm up to date, as far as I know, and no probs. Can you Restore?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

dp
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
        I'm pissed off.

Just recently, my Microsoft Windows XP has activated DEP that is SERIOUSLY disrupting my Internet use and experience.

I have tried going under Control Panel and then going to System to change its setting but there's only two options - neither of which allow me to completely disable or remove this mutha******.

Has anyone else have had bad experience with this retarded "protection" feature?

How do you know it's retarded?

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
          I'm up to date, as far as I know, and no probs. Can you Restore?
          I think my problem is that I am fully updated and that's when I started having these problems with DEP.

However, I can go back to Microsoft Window's update website and see if they have an update to fix the problems that people have encountered with this ****.

Comment

There is no problem. Everything is working as intended and as it should. Whatever you're trying to run (from the sound of it, you have some kind of IE extension installed?) is doing something it shouldn't be doing and being properly shot.

Comment

Kuci is right, but you can also just turn DEP off if you feel like being insecure.

use teh goog
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I have the latest version of Internet Explorer. I'm not sure what kind of extensions I would have with this latest update.

I have probably sent about twenty error report messages now after the dialogue box for error reports automatically pops up whenever I close Internet Explorer altogether, or when I try using Facebook applications, or when I try using private message features on online chat sites.

Comment

@ using IE willingly.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Seriously, don't use IE. That'll fix your problem.

There's a whole whack of add-ons and toolbars for IE that are poorly coded and crash the browser after tripping DEP. Essentially, DEP is detecting the program is trying to access memory it has not been allocated so it terminates it as a security precaution.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I tried using Firefox one time a few years ago but that interfered with my use of an online chat website that I'm a regular user of. The website is Java-based and I don't know if Firefox had problems with Java a few years ago??

So unless Firefox will allow me to use the websites I usually use, what other choice do I have if you think Internet Explorer is bad way to go?

Comment

Try Firefox...

Comment

I can try Firefox and see if they have changed or fixed it from way back when and see if I can use the chat website I referred to. If that doesn't work though, I don't know what else to do.

One of my Facebook buddies sent me the same thing by e-mail what you posted Asher, about how to turn the DEF completely off. I followed the instructions and after restarting I still get DEF-triggered error messages. So I just keep sending the same error messages to Microsoft - not that they're likely to do anything about that, I suppose.

I don't want to spend the rest of my life when I use Internet, click away stupid error messages that constantly pop up.

Comment

I do not understand why you are still posting. Try Firefox. It'll fix your problem.

Comment

Wow. Someone who actually still uses IE

The only time I ever use IE is for testing websites, because businesses prefer using crappy software.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                              X