Judge orders defendant's mouth taped shut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judge orders defendant's mouth taped shut

This seems like something Ming would do; not that I disagree (with Ming OR the judge in the article), I only make the observation.

POCATELLO, Idaho (AP) -- A state judge who said he lost patience with an unruly defendant ordered court officials to cover the man's mouth with duct tape. The unusual move was ordered Monday by 6th District Judge Peter D. McDermott during a probation violation hearing for Nicklas Frasure. The 23-year-old Frasure was convicted of felony theft in 2008 and recently released from prison.

During the hearing, Frasure made repeated outbursts and ignored the judge's orders to refrain from interrupting the court. The judge then ordered bailiffs to silence Frasure.

The Idaho State Journal reported that bailiffs found a roll of duct tape, tore off a piece and put it over his mouth.

The judge ordered Frasure placed in the custody of the Department of Correction mental health facility in Boise.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Now, if only we could do the same to politicians.
    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

there's a few people I'd like to do that to
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post

Now, if only we could do the same to politicians.
        Where IS Wiggy?
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
        X