Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackie Chan's China comments prompt backlash (AP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A martial artist who has appeared on film possesses an opinion I disagree with. Oh my.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

A chinaman insulted other orientals? Well, at least he got himself some easy-to-speak name

*runs*
      Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
        A chinaman insulted other orientals? Well, at least he got himself some easy-to-speak name

*runs*
        Dude, the chinaman is not the issue here.
        Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
          Has Chang actually done all of his martial stunts in movies on his own or do they hire stunt agents in his place for such scenes?
          All his own. Take a look at the end of any Chang flick and you'll see the bloopers of the stunts.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

okay, DanS
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

He doesn't do his own stunts anymore, but he used to. He's getting too old. You can tell in his latest movies you don't see the same kind of stunts you used to. He used to frequently break bones in his movies and during the filming of Drunken Master II, (released in the U.S. as Legend of Drunken Master) he burned himself pretty severely in a scene where he does a backwards crab walk across burning coals.

There was one female actress whom he let do her own stunts in his movies, Michelle Yeoh. She's probably getting a little too old for this now two.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I see
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                X