Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Authorities Take Action Against Overseas Pirates

Originally posted by BBC
    A court in Sweden has handed down its verdict on four men behind The Pirate Bay (TPB), the world's biggest file-sharing website.

Frederik Neij, Gottfrid Svartholm Warg, Carl Lundstrom and Peter Sunde were found guilty of breaking copyright law and were sentenced to a year in jail.

In a Twitter posting, Mr Sunde said: "Nothing will happen to TPB, this is just theatre for the media."

Mr Sunde went on to say that he "got the news last night that we lost".

"It used to be only movies, now even verdicts are out before the official release."

The Pirate Bay is the world's most high profile file-sharing website and was set up in 2003 by anti-copyright organisation Piratbyran, but for the last five years it has been run by individuals.

Millions of files are exchanged using the service every day.

No copyright content is hosted on The Pirate Bay's web servers; instead the site hosts "torrent" links to TV, film and music files held on its users' computers.

Critics of the trial say Swedish authorities only brought the case because of pressure from the US film industry.
    Well, this is going to take a while to sort out...
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Damn that sucks. I use TPB all the time.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It was overrated. Mininova isbetter.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I eagerly await the followup suit against Google.
        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
          I eagerly await the followup suit against Google.
          QFMFT. Sweden just opened a massive can of worms finding them guilty...
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

You Tube is cutting back pending their merger into a premium site, as they call it.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Non sequetur...

Comment

pirates
                Unbelievable!

Comment

My thread was better.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                  X