No announcement yet.

Newsflash: Angry Rah, Ming, Sava (et. all 'Hawks fans) in Chicago in late April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah! But of course. Now why we just can't say that rather than getting all huffy about it is beyond me. Thank you BK, you should be a mod.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer View Post
      I try to be polite. New kinder Poly is what the fixing Poly thread suggested. Maybe it starts at the top Ming old buddy.
      Your intent wasn't to be polite... it started with you old buddy
      So if you want to continue this, do it via PM, and not in the thread.
      If you are so interested in following the rules, that's one you can follow.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

My intent was to ask a simple question which I did. If there's any emotion involved here it certainly doesn't come from me. Lets forget it Ming, we're doing what we always do and I'm bored with it. Lets forget it finally shall we?

You guys have a thread about discussing how you're all from Chicago, a wonderful city which is the childhood home of my mother. An in btw which I hope will one day allow me to be a mod and pick and choose which rules I want to obey also. < -- Note the winky guy, just a joke.

Comment

If you can give it up... believe me, so will I

HAWKS WIN!
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Continue it in PM's....then post it.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Done deal...and congrats on your team's big win!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                Continue it in PM's....then post it.

That wasn't too good on my posting ability last go round.

Comment

Rats, I missed all the fun.
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Hello, Zylka. I believe you left around the time I arrived on these forums, no? IIRC somebody told me a while ago that you were a fun sort, so welcome back.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                      By the way, Ben will be pleased to know that by his ardent line of reasoning a few weeks back that this goal should not be allowed.

Ladd was WELL within the crease AND on top of Kipper as it went in.

But it was a good goal...
                      Is Ben talking about how this shouldn't have been a goal yet? Somehow I doubt it.

Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. Calgary Herald offers information on latest national and international events & more.

'He bumped me,' Kiprusoff says

Hard-luck Flames must put disputed goal behind them

They simply have to put it behind them, and in short order. Consider it just a 'bump' in the road.

"They called it a goal,'' lectured Michael Cammalleri, maybe more to his downcast mates than any media ghouls waiting for the pat show of indignant disbelief. "We're not going to worry about that.

"I don't think they're going to let us put the equipment on and go back out there.''

Still, the image is bound to enrage those partial to the Calgary Flames for the next 48 hours: That argybargy Andrew Ladd, fencing with Jordan Leopold, standing overtop a fallen Miikka Kiprusoff, just 12 seconds into overtime, as the whole south side of Chicago explodes in celebration.

"He bumped me,'' said Kiprusoff, not really complaining, but more curious about the events that led to their demise. "I don't know if he got pushed into me or what? If he did, it's a penalty and they should call it. Did he get pushed? I haven't seen it on a replay yet. You guys probably know more than I do. But he definitely bumped me. That's a shot I stop if I'm not hit. I saw the puck. I was in position.

"And then I couldn't get to it.''

TV types in the bowels of the United Center said, after studying a few replays, it looked as if Leopold was doing the bumping, in trying to get the ornery Ladd under some kind of control.

Whatever your take on the incident, Martin Havlat was the undeniable beneficiary, slotting home a shot from 20 feet out to give the Hawks the 3-2 victory and a 1-0 lead in this series.

Calgary coach Mike Keenan, naturally, was in no mood to be overly gracious.

"I believe it was Ladd who did not try to stop his movement toward the net,'' complained the Iron One. "And that's goaltender interference. There will be a debate about goaltender interference. A couple of times they ran Kiprusoff over early in the game. It's a certain part of their game plan.

"It's a good plan. If you get away with it. And so far they have.''

For his part in the intensifying drama, Leopold sounded strangely subdued.

"He got a piece of Kipper. I was in front, boxing him out . . . It is what it is.''

What it is, is a missed opportunity. Perhaps a fatal one.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

And just because Ben struggles with words, here's a video

For the record, this was the same ref in both games.

NHL Rulebook: Rule 69 - Interference on the Goalkeeper
                        69.3 Contact Inside the Goal Crease - If an attacking player initiates contact with a goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

If a goalkeeper, in the act of establishing his position within his goal crease, initiates contact with an attacking player who is in the goal crease, and this results in an impairment of the goalkeeper’s ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.
                        If, after any contact by a goalkeeper who is attempting to establish position in his goal crease, the attacking player does not immediately vacate his current position in the goal crease (i.e. give ground to the goalkeeper), and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed. In all such cases, whether or not a goal is scored, the attacking player will receive a minor penalty for goalkeeper interference

Last edited by Asher; April 17, 2009, 10:36.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Great picture... but he didn't "initiate" contact, he was shoved into that postition.
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

The picture seems to show Leopold's a couple feet away and falling backwards when the supposed shove occurred. The physics don't add up.

The videos don't show the shove demonstrably either.

Comment

If you actually looked at the replay last night, it was very clear. I must have seen it a 100 times.
                              The whining youtube video isn't very clear, but it still looks like he was shoved.
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                                If you actually looked at the replay last night, it was very clear. I must have seen it a 100 times.
                                The whining youtube video isn't very clear, but it still looks like he was shoved.
                                I would believe you more if Ladd didn't have a well-known history for running goalies in playoffs.

He's the same guy who crushed Roloson's leg so bad in '06, Roloson was out the rest of the playoffs (and arguably cost Edmonton the cup).

Very similar kind of play, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X