Thanks Sloww.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Sloww.

You posted a clip from Lonesome Dove in another thread and it inspired me to watch the entire series. I'd never seen it before and it was pretty good and this is coming from a guy who doesn't usually watch westerns.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Lonesome Dove is excellent. Now, read the book. The mini-series holds true to the book. Both are excellent. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I was with this woman for 10 years. She said, "You remind me of Woodrow. I hate Woodrow." Now I could have felt badly about it, but I thought it funny. I also like Woodrow very much.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Slowwhand inspired me to take up cocaine

Comment

Anything I can do to help, that's my motto, Wiggy.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Slowwy inspired me to avoid right-wing nutters from Texas.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Yeah, I can just see Sloww in Cormac McCarthy's Border Trilogy.

Comment

Slowwy inspired me to be open-minded about possibility of dating a gay Texan.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Slowwy inspired me to become a costumed super-villian.

Oerdin--rent Deadwood. I, too, dislike Westerns in general, but Deadwood is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                  Slowwy inspired me to be open-minded about possibility of dating a gay Texan.
                  How do you feel about non-TEXANS?
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I don't know how to break the news to you people, but this isn't a Sloww thread. It's a Lonesome Dove thread.

Comment

Does Slowwy understand the concept of threadjacking??

Comment

Did you see it? Robert Duvall said it was his favorite work. It's great. No kidding.

Comment

No, have not seen the film, nor read the book version.

One Western mini-series I REALLY enjoy is Into the West. I own that DVD set.

Comment

I'm unfamiliar with it, but I'll check it out.

Edit: Hold on. Is it a series?

Comment

produced or directed by Steven Spielberg - originated for television on TNT in 2003

google it

Comment

Working...
                              X