No announcement yet.

Evolution in Action (almost)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A desperate woman who narrowly escaped death when she jumped into a polar bear pit at Berlin Zoo had lost her job and the love of her life.

Mandy K. (32) is in intensive care after being seriously hurt when she sprung into the bear enclosure just before feeding time and was savaged by the hungry animals.

She was eventually pulled out with a safety ring and was immediately taken to hospital.

The mother-of-one is said to be deeply unhappy - was her perilous jump a cry for help?

She grew up in the town of Herzberg and broke off both of the degrees she started. She fell in love with surveyor Lars S. (36) and moved with him to Köpenick, where she gave birth to daughter Wiebke (8).

But four years ago she broke up with Lars, who told BILD: “She studied for too long and I worked too much. We lost our love.”

Mandy also lost control of other areas of her life and had problems with her studies, looking after her daughter and owed money in rent. In 2008 she had so much debt that she was threatened with a prison sentence.

She even had her electricity cut off in February and resorted to using candles for light.

A neighbour told BILD: “She used to come with me with a kettle so I could head the water up for her.”

Mandy K. was alone in her apartment on Good Friday after her daughter had gone with her dad to visit her grandparents.

Mandy went to the zoo – and jumped!

The animals would have been shot had they continued to bite her. Bear keeper Heiner Kloes (50) told BILD: “We have weapons in the zoo in case we have to save a person’s life.”
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

If her life sucks so bad then they should have let the bears finish her off. And as far as her kid goes, I'd rather she commit suicide before she decides that she should take her daughter with her.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I wasn't aware BILD is available in english. What an embarassment....
        Blah

Comment

You have debtors prisons in Germany? What kind of ****ing barbaric country are you?
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Yes Che, everyone in debt is thrown into prison. No private person can declare that he/she can't pay **** anymore and there are no opportunities to avoid prison. In fact, you get also beaten up twice per day in such cases
            Blah

Comment

In 2008 she had so much debt that she was threatened with a prison sentence.

Unless she engaged in fraud, I fail to see why she would be threatened with a prison sentence.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

In fact it's even worse - they sell you into slavery like in ancient times if you can't pay!

Seriously: you don't go to prison here just for being in debt - period. The article doesn't tell the circumstances, but fraud would be one exception here as well. However, unless we get more details I just don't know what the hell they're talking about.

And don't treat BILD as if it were a credible news source.
                Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain View Post
                  Nothing will happen to the Bear. If she was killed perhaps there would be repercussions. Just Nature, Urban People have to relearn that there is only one kind of Bear who wont kill you
                  drop bears?
                  I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                  [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Lol, just read the German version here:

Key part is this:
                    So viele Schulden und Verbindlichkeiten (u.a. durch Internet-Bestellungen), dass Gläubiger ihr mit Haft drohten. Privat-Insolvenz!
                    ...which says her creditors threatended her with prison, not that she was actually going into it or even close to it. In fact the last part shows what happened: "Privat-Insolvenz" is the usual term her for private person declaring insolvency, and from there you don't go into prison, but you have to go to the courts and go to quite a long and difficult process to finally get your debts cut. In any case you don't wander into jail just for the debts.
                    Blah

Comment

From now on I officially hate Che for getting me to read that ****
                      Blah

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
                        drop bears?
                        Yeah, drop bears can totally kill you.
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

They are a agreat proof of evolution as well ColdWizard
                          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                          X