Swimming pool tile color.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swimming pool tile color.

Going to be a while before the tiny pool built on my seawall gets finished but I've been thinking about the color. Blue has been done... I've heard that dark colors look good.

Anyone seen any different but nice pool colors?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Cool question. I have no thoughts on this.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
      Cool question. I have no thoughts on this.

Lancer - you putting decent pool lights in?

If so, a deep red with metallic flecks looks good.
      I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Need to know what the backdrop will look like.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I agree with Nugog. When I first read of your preference for other than blue, red came to mind.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

No lights though, other than one above. As for the backdrop I'll take a pic of the spot when I'm next at the beach and some pics of the unfinished pool also, post em here. The pool is kind of an afterthought. Two walls and half the base were created by the seawall and wall for the steps down to the ocean. Once those were there I figured a pool would be cheap & easy...

Its also not very big.

It will be full of water and is shaded by the salacot above so the water will be cool and that's what matters.

Sloww, that's my problem too, I just don't know, got no thoughts on this.

Other than some pics of dark pools I saw 20 years ago.

Comment

on red.

In America red tiles (real deep rich red anyway) are very expensive. I've been told it's because of lead that's used in the manufacturing process. I don't know if the price includes environmental clean up, or if it's because exotic materials are used to replace lead. But the whole sale price of red tiles is about four or five times that of anything else, and it's even more expensive than most natural stones. Hopefully the Philippines might be more relaxed on environmental laws.

Green would look dirty, like the pool is full of algae. Earth-tones, also dirty, like the pool is muddy. Yellow and orange just scream 1970s. Purple is a bit ostentatious, like you're a pimp in your pimp palace. Blue is nice, but not what you're looking for. Go with red if you can.
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

The amount of times I've been called a pimp around here maybe purple is the way to go. :

Red tiles, don't recall seeing those. They have rust color tiles...

Comment

Save some time.

Yellow.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Aquamarine.

Aquamarine (color)
                    Aquamarine is a color, a shade between green and cyan. It is named after the mineral aquamarine. There is a Crayola crayon with this color, created in 1958.The first recorded use of aquamarine as a color name in English was in 1598.
                    See more at Wikipedia.org...
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                      Hopefully the Philippines might be more relaxed on environmental laws.
                      Shouldn't be a problem; by the time it's done Lancer will be only a couple of years from keeling over anyways.

Make it a spa
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Rust is about as red as you can get.

The Vermillion at the bottom, and anything you see with a "Q***" code number are all expensive (~$10/sf wholesale). That leaves you with a lot of boring colors, which is probably why most people go with blue.
                        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Sloww, that's 'pool blue', and I've set my whole being against it.

Theben, the ocean is a spa, waves going this and that way, enormous sharks with huge mouths churning things up, I just want a nice, quiet pool to get away from it all.

Felch, tile is dirt cheap here. I'll check your link, thanks.

Comment

I said red. Aquamarine was a standard color representation.

By adding a blue/black colored plaster finish, new stamped concrete decking, landscaping, a pond, and Mexican Cantera stone columns at the edge of the covered patio they had an entirely new pool for the grand kids to enjoy and for them to entertain with. Simple changes can breathe new life into a tired looking pool.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
                              X