Have any experience with Arthritis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have any experience with Arthritis?

do you have it or know someone who does? Yes I can look up the stuff on the internet and my nursing books and get the clinical stuff, want to talk to someone who has it or experienced it. Just below my thumb on my left hand there's a bone before the wrist that most days for about 10 hours a day feels like someone is jabbing an ice pick into it. If I move it the wrong way or go to pick something up the wrong way I've had the pain take me to the floor.
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Not sure that's arthritus. May be a "pinched" nerve or somesuch. Arthritus makes joints hurt and moving them sharpens the pain. However, at least in the cases I know, sharp, ice-picky pain is not a feature. Doesn't mean it could never be.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

during cold weather my entire left hand is wracked with pain, esp around the knuckles even the wrist... Im only 31 years old.

Not sure if it is arthritis but i need to wear a brace when it gets bad. Ill tell the doctor in a few months but its summertime in Florida so im OK for now.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

There are many types of arthritis

I have post traumatic arthritis caused from my accident

There is degenerative arthritis

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Here is a list of a 100 types

Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

AAHZ, yours sounds closer to what the old folk I know call "arthritus." Temperature, humidity, the day of the week, the phase of the moon, and so on seem to them to affect ther level of pain and degree of stiffness. I don't envy you your hassles with your hand. Of course, right now I am going through an outbreak of shingles, very painful over a good stretch itself.
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I have noticed when the weather changes and gets colder it seems to hurt.
            Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

Yes, indeed. You can feel cold long before it gets there. My knee is jacked up.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

zmazing!!!
                Boston legal dvd

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Ditto Sloww. My knee is more about the rain then the cold though. It always seems to hurt about a day or so before rain. Maybe it's the change in presure. I think my hand is more from playing the piano for 15 years, typing for 30 and now making pies. Maybe the poor thing is just worn out!

Comment

Working...
                    X