The Colbert Node

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Colbert Node

Surprised this controversy hasn't got a thread yet. Why on earth did NASA even put a write in category?
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

They are not savvy about media whores and the power of the Interwebs.

If they were, NASA would have much better funding.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

NASA's funding is pretty impressive, given how much cash they waste.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

they wanted to gain people's attention by giving the impression that they can participate in something?

they probably didnt realize some wise ass like colbert would incite his millions of onlines fans to mass vote and cause an issue.
        :-p

Comment

NASA's fine print says they can completely ignore the naming poll but if they do Colbert will come down on them like a ton of bricks and they will get a lot of un-cool points with a lot of Colbert fans (me included). For an agency that claims to be forward looking and is trying desperately to generate interest that would be a terrible wasted opportunity, how many of the engineers of the future do you think are Colbert fans?

The most wonderfully clever thing to do would be to name the Node "Stewart" I can just imagine the Rafter shot of Colbert yelling up into the camera with his fists clenched "STEEEWWAAAAARRRTTT!!!!"
          Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
          X