Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Wasn't There a Housing Bubble in Germany?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
    I would imagine it was because they didn't deregulate banking and/or refuse to regulate new complex financial instruments like MBSs. That means banks weren't freed to leverage themselves several more additional times and lenders weren't free to offload risk on to a greater fool. No bubble, no bust.
    Have you heard of the Pfandbriefe?
    Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
      Due to these regulations in contrast to (for example) the USA the usual building material is concrete and you will find no (or almost none) residential houses that are made of wood.
      OK, but it is same in Spain and other European countries. Regulation and permits don't explain why there was a bubble. The Germans could have inflated the prices of existing housing stock (apartments are real estate too) like everybody else, but they/you didn't.

It must have had something to do with availability of easy credit. My primary suspect is the down payment, which was eliminated in many parts of the world, but perhaps not in Germany?

I mean, together with China and the East, Germany was one of the rare countries actually exporting capital. This would suggest to me that interest rates themselves weren't the problem as they had to be in the range of 3-5% in Germany, which is a great setup for a bubble

Comment

Why do Oerdin and Zkrib feel the need to have a ****-off in every other thread?
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Saras View Post
          Have you heard of the Pfandbriefe?
          Nope, never heard of it until now.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
            Why do Oerdin and Zkrib feel the need to have a ****-off in every other thread?
            That's projection, Drake. Now stop it.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Your post in this thread was classic Oerdin: "I don't actually know anything about this subject, but I'm going to assume that my pet theory on the American crisis applies here."
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Good article about the German real estate market, answered most of my questions:

Is residential property in Germany an attractive investment? Full analysis of Germany's property market. Best areas? Most demand? Highest rental yields?

Comment

Working...
                X