• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisonsin hopes to protect kids from Capitol nuts

Oh, sure. Make the squirrels suffer.

By SCOTT BAUER
    Associated Press Writer

MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Wisconsin is asking people to refrain from feeding squirrels at the state Capitol because they might inadvertently harm a child with a peanut allergy. The state sent a letter Monday to tenants of a downtown Madison office building, asking whomever has been feeding the squirrels on the Capitol lawn to please stop.

Ron Blair, of the Division of State Facilities, writes in the letter that someone has been carpeting the Capitol lawn with peanuts. He says the indiscriminate nut-tossing might pose a risk because thousands of school children tour the building each year and some might have peanut allergies.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says 4 percent to 8 percent of children have a food allergy, with peanuts being one of the most common. Some can have a reaction just touching or being near peanuts.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Oh FFS.................

Why don't we all just lock ourselves in seperate rooms 'till the species dies from boredom......
    I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Hmm. I know there's got to be a reason we don't do that but I can't think of it right off.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Forcing citizens to drive to an office building to read that letter is recklessly dangerous. They could get in an accident and die along the way!
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Should I post the canadian flyover in this thread as well? Consolidate wisconsin capitol stories?
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Clearly the answer is to kill the squirrels.

With nukes.

From orbit.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

The squirrels didn't do anything wrong!
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

They came. They breathed our air, drank our water, bred like... well, like rodents usually breed. What other option have we?
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Enlist them.

Comment

Wisonsin? I think the question is Wasuon? Since I obviously never make spelling errors
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                      Enlist them.
                      Then we can invade Canuckistan!

Comment

Working...
                      X