Cruel Anti-Smoking Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruel Anti-Smoking Ad

Maybe this is just some kid who is an extremely good actor, but I seriously doubt it. It looks to me like the producers of this ad intentionally traumatized a young child. What a despicable thing to do.

...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

quite a good commercial

Comment

The acting didn't look that "good" to me...

Smokers making pathetic threads.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov View Post
        quite a good commercial
        second that

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
          The acting didn't look that "good" to me...

Smokers making pathetic threads.
          ...except I'm not a smoker - never have been.

Comment

You're a pole smoker
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

You wish.

Comment

There's nothing more dreamy than pudgey insecure kiwis with kids.

Comment

"Pudgey"

Comment

sad kids make me sad

Comment

Holy crap that's a horrid ad.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I think you'd be surprised. There are families that are so into the idea that there kid will be the next Freddie Highmore or whatever that they would train them to do something like this. Furthermore he may not be as young as he looks. Most child actors are short for their age. It's generally easier to work with a six or seven year old who looks like he is three than it is to work with a three year old.
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

What kind of ad tells people to quit? I guess you can't get attention anymore if you make an ad about hope now that Obama and his AIG cronies used that line so much it murdered my dog. But it's a damn poor ad if by the end of it you don't even know what product it's for. AFLAC got it right because you know what the duck said...and you know it's AFLAC. This, what the hell was this?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                            I think you'd be surprised. There are families that are so into the idea that there kid will be the next Freddie Highmore or whatever that they would train them to do something like this. Furthermore he may not be as young as he looks. Most child actors are short for their age. It's generally easier to work with a six or seven year old who looks like he is three than it is to work with a three year old.

True, and this could be the case here...if so, the kid deserves an oscar.

Comment

Working...
                            X