Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colonization with the Age of Discovery II mod...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colonization with the Age of Discovery II mod...

...is the best game I've ever played. Dale, if you ever see this, thanks for the mod.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Try a different forum.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Really? How's the WoI with the mod?
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Hmm...

I haven't played since the first week or so I had the game. I don't have the mod. Maybe I'll give it another shot at some point, but I suspect my real problem with the game is that it's not Civ.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

we dont much care for these thrades round these parts, ya hear?

*spitoon*
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian View Post
            Hmm...

I haven't played since the first week or so I had the game. I don't have the mod. Maybe I'll give it another shot at some point, but I suspect my real problem with the game is that it's not Civ.

-Arrian

It kinda is Civ though. It took me about 3 hours to download the mod which I did 3 times for various reasons. Then the instructions to load it are clear as a bell. The only thing I would advise it not to "unzip to blah blah" but to unzip it right to your desktop then click and drag it to the mod place in your Colonization game that they list.

Its got pirates! The indentured servants have to work for a while before they become colonists. The criminals have to serve their time! Its great.

The rest of you buggers can eat pirate gruel!

Comment

Whatever you folks do, though, don't get Tropico II -- that's the one with the pirates. The pirates only walk on paths. What kind of cowardly pirates meekly observe the "Keep of the Grass" signs?
              Last edited by Zkribbler; April 3, 2009, 18:50.

Comment

I haven't played it with the mod but without the mod multiplayer is the only thing which makes the game fun.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

What does it do for the WoI? That's what really killed the game for me. Being forced to fight it in a very specific way felt stupid.
                  "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                  -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer View Post
                    ...is the best game I've ever played. Dale, if you ever see this, thanks for the mod.
                    Thanks for the kudos.

Comment

I have considering playing the game again, maybe I'll try it with this mod...
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Victor, the cannons are not like the stupid cats in Civ IV. They can soften up a target but then the cav/inf has to finish the job.

Adagio, you get a good map its like striking gold. I have one with a one square (build a city) entrance to a small lake which has another one square to another small lake. Got a river...perfect. Got some testy indians around though...

Fun

With Dale's mod its 10X the game as vanilla.

In the first few turns there's a few pop ups with pictures that are nice the first time but they go away fairly quickly. Still haven't figured a way to turn them off. They have to do with giving you the feel of history and in that way its nice to be reminded what its all about.

Comment

No, my problem was that the King's men got massive bonuses to attacking cities, to the point it was better to abandon even the largest fortifications and fighting in the woods.
                          "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                          -Joan Robinson

Comment

Dale...? Wanna answer that? Dale has has helpers too, maybe they might stop in, or a Firaxis guy.

Comment

Working...
                            X