• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question only Imran can answer correctly

Is the correct pronunciation of the country in southern Asia:

"Paakistaan," as most Americans say -- or --
    "Pokistahn," as Obama pronounces it.

I vote for #2. Paakistaan I think we can blame Kennedy for.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Only Imran? What about the other 165.999.999 Pakistanis, their opinion don't count?
      http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Only the freedom loving American ones.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

This (otherwise silly liberal) blog has one interesting point in it: Petraeus agrees with Obama. And since Petraeus is pretty much the closest thing we have to a sane leader with knowledge of the Middle East and no clear partisan ties, I'll go with his opinion
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I thought it was pronounced "Bharatistan."
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Thue View Post
              Only Imran? What about the other 165.999.999 Pakistanis, their opinion don't count?
              Silly bear. The other 165.999.999 Pakistanis are bright enough not to hang around on this site.

Comment

More Obama than other Americans .

Pahk-i-stahn
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Really?? There's a "th" in there? Well, cut off my legs and call me Shorty!

Comment

I changed it a bit... it is kinda hard to articulate it in English... it sounds like a 'th', but there isn't really an equivalent.

Pock-i-stahn works as well, but the 'stahn' can also (somewhat) be written as "sthaan" or something in between.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Can't we just call it India?
                      I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

I need to know more about the origins of Hindu civilization first

Comment

From wiki:

Comment

You want to hear me say it? It will take a little longer.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Americans pronounce it beeffeeistan.
                              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                              X