Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will poly get a decent server?

The current one is a joke.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

I'll guess if you're paying for one they can get it right away...
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

The server works just fine most of the time. Really snappy. Must be something else.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Rogue hacker or government conspiracy?
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

More like a complaining old fart...

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid View Post
            I'll guess if you're paying for one they can get it right away...

There you have it, you rock hunting numb nuts. PLUS! Support the site, hell.
            Whine about not getting your proper share of nothing?
            That's what you deserve. NOTHING! Now, get with the program or shut up.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Playing the Civ4 BTS league comes in handy in this respect. ^^ I have to say though, my loading times are often quite high too.
              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

this is a very exciting thrade that has enhanced my knowledge and internet skillz forevar.
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
                  The server works just fine most of the time. Really snappy. Must be something else.
                  You mean other then the daily crash and the routine long delays? I have a very fast cable line which loads other sites in a snap so it is poly and not me.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                    this is a very exciting thrade that has enhanced my knowledge and internet skillz forevar.
                    You'll do anything to get a +1, won't you? Just ask Ming to give you the points you need. It will be a lot easier on everyone else.
                    Tell him I sent you.
                    Last edited by SlowwHand; March 29, 2009, 01:12.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                      You mean other then the daily crash and the routine long delays? I have a very fast cable line which loads other sites in a snap so it is poly and not me.
                      Support. Don't just complain.

Comment

What hardware is in the current server?

Edit: from http://apolyton.net/news/index.php?C...t&month=200701

Processors: Intel Xeon 3060 (2.4GHz) Dual Core (was Dual Xeon 2.4)
                        RAM: 2048MB (same as Settler III)
                        Hard Drives: 2x250GB RAID1 (was 2x70GB non-RAID)
                        Operating System: CentOS Enterprise Linux (was RedHat Enterprise)

That should be fast enough...
                        http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Hmm, I noticed that my PLUS subscription has expired, time to renew!

Comment

Originally posted by Thue View Post
                            What hardware is in the current server?

Edit: from http://apolyton.net/news/index.php?C...t&month=200701

Processors: Intel Xeon 3060 (2.4GHz) Dual Core (was Dual Xeon 2.4)
                            RAM: 2048MB (same as Settler III)
                            Hard Drives: 2x250GB RAID1 (was 2x70GB non-RAID)
                            Operating System: CentOS Enterprise Linux (was RedHat Enterprise)

That should be fast enough...
                            Sounds like it needs more RAM. RAM is cheap too so for a couple hundred bucks we could probably see a big improvement.

Comment

When indeed?
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X