How dangerous is Freeman Dyson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How dangerous is Freeman Dyson?

Shame on the New York Times Magazine for publishing an extended, largely favorable profile of Freeman Dyson, a true climate crackpot.

Shame on them for printing his scientifically unjustifiable slanders of the country’s leading climate scientist, James Hansen, even while conceding Hansen “could turn out to be right” — which is the same thing as Dyson admitting that if anybody actually listens to him, we might end up destroying a livable climate for a thousand years.

UPDATE: And shame on the NYT’s top climate science reporter, Andy Revkin, for promoting this piece on his blog (here) with not a single criticism of Dyson’s numerous anti-scientific statements and smears (see below). I call on Revkin to retract his absurdly indefensible assertion that “On climate, Mr. Dyson may be right….” (see full quote at end). ...

Shame on the NYT, shame on the reporter, Nicholas Dawidoff, for publishing this crackpot’s crap for millions to read and possibly think is credible.

Why in the world is the NYT publicizing the ravings of this old coot? It might not be so objectionable in a perfect world where no one would trust the scientific opinions of a man with a mere BA, but I'm sure plenty of scientifically ignorant people will be confused about the truly apocalyptic threat of AGW by this charlatan. God only knows how much damage this campaign of ignorance and denial will do to the efforts to save the world from climate change...
    Last edited by Naked Gents Rut; March 27, 2009, 00:19.

Global warming is the result of all the hot air coming out the orifices of those who discuss the issue.

Comment

I like my Dyson.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

He's a cool guy, I went to some lectures by him and watched The Matrix with him.

He is a bit old. He also thinks that you don't need a PhD.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Freeman Dyson? Fights the system and also desings terminators.

Comment

Don't forget he invented the Dyson Sphere that will solve our energy problems once finished
            Blah

Comment

Eh doesn't afraid of anything, does eh?
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

He's not dangerous at all, unless you try to take his struedel.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Don't forget he invented the Dyson Sphere that will solve our energy problems once finished
                  Yes. Let's get right on building that.
                  Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                  Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just to clarify - BeBro, no matter how funny you think you are, but the Dyson sphere is actually named after this guy

Comment

Dyson is quite brilliant, but when it comes to climate change, he's rather ignorant of the facts, and has repeatedly been shown to be so.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut View Post
                        Shame on the New York Times Magazine for publishing an extended, largely favorable profile of Freeman Dyson, a true climate crackpot.

Shame on them for printing his scientifically unjustifiable slanders of the country’s leading climate scientist, James Hansen, even while conceding Hansen “could turn out to be right” — which is the same thing as Dyson admitting that if anybody actually listens to him, we might end up destroying a livable climate for a thousand years.

UPDATE: And shame on the NYT’s top climate science reporter, Andy Revkin, for promoting this piece on his blog (here) with not a single criticism of Dyson’s numerous anti-scientific statements and smears (see below). I call on Revkin to retract his absurdly indefensible assertion that “On climate, Mr. Dyson may be right….” (see full quote at end). ...

Shame on the NYT, shame on the reporter, Nicholas Dawidoff, for publishing this crackpot’s crap for millions to read and possibly think is credible.

Why in the world is the NYT publicizing the ravings of this old coot? It might not be so objectionable in a perfect world where no one would trust the scientific opinions of a man with a mere BA, but I'm sure plenty of scientifically ignorant people will be confused about the truly apocalyptic threat of AGW by this charlatan. God only knows how much damage this campaign of ignorance and denial will do to the efforts to save the world from climate change...
                        An almost perfect example of the nonsense promulgated by the climate-change nazis. I suggest y'all actually find out something about Freeman Dyson (or actually read the NYT article) before making any more absurd statements about something you know nothing about, ie science and scientists.
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                          I like my Dyson.
                          Dyson vacuums are crap for the price you pay. The clutch burns out too quickly.
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

An almost perfect example of the nonsense promulgated by the climate-change nazis.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                            X