German music please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German music please

Please give me some names of German and Russian bands that play like Rammstein.
    Love the music

TY

You don't want that. What you really want is Polka!

Oh, that is horrible.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

What's worse then really bad German Polka? Slovenians trying to invent poppy techno polka.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

German:

Russian:

More German:

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Comment

Something wrong, Doc?
            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
              Something wrong, Doc?
              Laptop battery went dead

Comment

Nein danke!
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Can
                  Faust
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

German language or just bands from Germany which are like Rammstein?

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                      Please give me some names of German and Russian bands that play like Rammstein.
                      Love the music

TY

Go to one of the big Industrial/EBM websites like Vampirefreaks or Sideline and check them out. There are loads of band samples, profiles and forums.

Try The Retrosic, Wumpscut, Mind.in.a.box (Austrian), Grendel (Dutch) for starters.
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

laibach.
                          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                            Nein danke!
                            Seconded (no, thanks). It´s really embarressing, what ´german´ music is thought to be like, esp. in the states. I want to point out, that Rammstein is not anywhere nearly as popular here as in the states. If people know them at all, 95% laugh and either turn away or change the topic asap, if you ask them about Rammstein. Been at Roskilde (festival in denmark), met an american and he came esp. for them and was all giddied up. An amerian one-nighter of mine was also a very big fan of them. I wonder, if you people know, where the name comes from... To take away the suspense, and to not leave anyone possibly without this vital knowledge, i tell you: Rammstein is an (US?-) airbase in Germany, and during a show some, what, 15?, years ago, there was a heavy accident, killing some 50 people - that´s where it´s from.

Want me to recommend some german music? ´Ton, Steine, Scherben´ (´clay/sound, stones, shards´), from the 70´s are great IMHO. Then you have Heinz Rudolf Kunze, whose popular songs suck ass, but who has some very deep lyrics on his less popular titles. If you wanna go popular, try ´Die fantastischen 4´ (or simply ´fanta4´), hip-hoppers who kinda dominate in germany for a decade now. Or ´Seeed´. If you dont understand german lyrics anyway, and have no intention to, give Herbert Grönemeyer (known from the movie ´Das Boot´) a shot: he sings with his mouth closed most of the time, which is his thing. If you like jazzy stuff, try Nik Bärtsch (aka Ronin). I am not saying i like any of these, except the first and the last, but still, all of these rank miles, no, lightyears, no, parsecs above Rammstein in my book. Hell, even ´Nena´ is better (´99 Luftballons´ - you know that one!). (Falco was austrian - and sucked, too)

But i suppose you are looking for stuff like Rammstein - well then dont call it ´german´ music, please - i´d prefer the stereotype to remain with ´hump-ta-ta´ rather than with Rammstein - we are not all that ´Nüni´ here after all...

Comment

We don't care for the crappy German stuff. We know you weirdos like David Hasselhoff.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                              X