No announcement yet.

So, now we are regulating farm dust.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sympathies would be with them except for the fact that I'm pretty sure they're no more reasonable than anybody else.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

20-30 years we'll all be doing vertical farming in cities anyway.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Keep going with your insanity.
        Aussie farmers will find it much easier to compete. GO THE EPA.

Comment

I'd love to see the data showing the effect of "coarse particulate matter" on human health. It's likely to be out of Al Gores "The big colouring book of global warming psi-ense ".

If dust is a meaningful health hazard, then the EPA should be prepared to regulate the levels of pollen produced by farms. If pollen isnt a "coarse particulate matter" that effects human health, then I dont know what is. Clearly, scientists have agreed that farms are "pollen factories" that need to be closed before more damage is done.

We need a pollen Czar as well as a global warming Czar!
          Last edited by SpencerH; March 23, 2009, 11:14.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

And an ice cube czar. We're in danger of a shortage,
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I saw a claim for farm dust once. Cattle farm, out in the midwest. Been there forever. Then a development is put in nearby. Guess what the folks who bought those houses got to experience? "Airborn particulate matter" is how the lawsuit termed it. And odors, of course.

Who bought the ****ing houses next to the cattle farm, *****? I'm pretty sure they lost, or settled for a small sum. Silly suit.

I've no idea, really, about this regulation. Off the top of my head, it does seem unworkable.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Dirt has never been healthy to breathe.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH View Post
                  I'd love to see the data showing the effect of "coarse particulate matter" on human health. It's likely to be out of Al Gores "The big colouring book of global warming psi-ense ".
                  Do a google search for respiratory illnesses during the dustbowl years. I'm sure you'll be enlightened.

On top of that the atmospheric conditions that gave rise to the dustbowl are starting to reoccur. Some thought going into farming techniques would be welcome.
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

When we have vehicle emissions solved, maybe I'll worry about dirt.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

If I were you, I'd be more concerned about dirt. Or at least the 6 feet that's gonna be over you, pardner.

Comment

Working...
                      X