Food Poisoning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food Poisoning.

Before tonight I had only experienced very minor cases of food poisoning which is surprising given that I have traveled around the world and regularly eat some pretty dodgy food. I guess I thought I had a lucky star on my shoulder or something because if you can make it 32 years without a serious case of food poisoning even while you're tempting fate then you're either lucky or mostly immune. All that came to an end today at about 4pm. I was back home in San Diego and I went to one of my favorite Mexican places which, unfortunately, is under new management as the old couple who had run the place for 20 years+ had retired. I got their five mini tacos for $5.50 and when we went to the salsa bar my girlfriend commented that all the ice had melted and the salsa didn't look very fresh. She skipped the salsa and I loaded up.

I'm not sure exactly if it was the salsa or the al pastor tacos but Jesus Christ on a stick the next 12 hours royally sucked. About ten minutes after eating my stomach was very upset and I just thought I'd eaten to many chili peppers so I took some heart burn pills. By about 15-20 minutes after eating my stomach was cramping and I knew it wasn't heart burn. 25 minutes after eating the stomach cramps had intensified to shooting pains and I was literally on the floor of the bathroom doubled up in pain with my girlfriend asking if she should call 9/11. I said no because I knew most food poisoning only lasts a few hours but damn if that didn't hurt; then I start vomiting and kept vomiting for a good 5-10 minutes. All told I think I barfed 5-6 times which I've never done before.

After the vomiting the nausia went down a little and the stomach craps went from high to medium but it pretty much stayed that way for the next eight hours. I literally couldn't get comfortable or sleep because of the cramps but I didn't barf any more and I eventually fell asleep around midnight. It's now 4am and I'm back awake but the cramps are mostly gone and I'm left with a slight amount of nausea. I'm trying not to eat anything or drink anything with sugar in it and instead am just drinking as much water as I can.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Damn, that sucks.

You should report that restaurant.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Wuss.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

That's what you get for not listening to your girlfriend. Has she bothered to tell you that yet? She will, have no fear.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm sure when she wakes up she will be reminding me to no end how I should have listened to her.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Was Heston Blumenthal the guest chef that night?

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
            X