No announcement yet.

Economy question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've read proposals by blogger by the Name of Karl Denninger, that goes like this. Create an Exchange for CDS's, allow 6 months for all CDS that are backed by adequate reserves to be put onto the Exchange and then void all those that can't pass this bar. In addition "Naked" (aka Insuring your neighbors house rather then your own) CDS's would be prohibited and immediately voided.

Full article here

The Exchange idea is a minimum for going forward with CDS's and the prohibition on Naked CDS's may also be necessary. As for what to do with the current mountain I'm doubtful that they will be voided by any means other then the issuing agency going into receivership. Though I agree with his proposal and think the exchange and transition period would provide a good means to separate legit and illegitimate Swaps, AIG's CDS's would obviously be illegitimate as they had virtually no reserves backing them.
    Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
      No, but you obviously are.

You gave one, weak, answer to why unaffected parties should be able to buy CDS.

Can you tell us how the world managed without them prior to recent history?

Can you explain the usefulness of a market of over $400 trillion that was as little as $3 trillion in 2000?
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
      X