Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pekka View Post
    An insult of the day arrived

Like a week ago we came to an agreement that I should be paid for OT, because I've done it and a lot. Because I have to, there's so much things to do and deadlines are quite demanding, and when you're involved in 3 separate things, well... so anyway, I told my boss that look, I'm really suffering economically here, this is a joke, and even though I like this thing I'm doing here, it's impossible. I'm just a tad above poverty line and I work like a mad man. I can't support myself with this salary anymore, I'm running up my credit if I want to buy like clothes and stuff. Unacceptable. Plus I was promised raises many times before that never came.

So I asked for a permission to get another job. Which kind of is a joke. I already have work worth of 2,5 jobs right here, but only one pay. So, if you do that, ask for a permission to have other income, my boss has to sign this paper that goes to the HR. And they question you why you're taking another job, right?

So, he was like no, I'll get you that raise. I'll pay you for the OT. And it's going to be good OT money as well after that raise, yes?

OK. Few weeks pass, and the raise issue seems to be sort of forgotten. I'm still hurting and could have gotten another job to help my next month. So that actually set me back, since I thought I'd get this money, right? Didn't get it. So last week we arrived to an agreement AFTER I said listen, give me a permission to do another job, this situation is still the same and the things you promise don't seem to hold water.

So then he's like... well you did lots of OT in the past already, we could pay you for that right now. We'll make this... compensation. So we agreed that's OK. I calculated that I should get 1800 euros just for that. So I just came back, submitting my compensation application, and whoops, it's based on my base salary. Guess how much I get for 60 hours OT, all on weekends and nights? 770 euros, minus taxes. A lousy 400 euros for 60 hours OT. I guess that makes it all up, eh?

Well, today I'm meeting with the head of the HR. Not only is my employer in breach of contract, it's been so for the last 18 months. All promises have been broken when it comes to my salary and benefits. Think how much benefits you'll get from a University? Yeah, that's not much, and when that's taken away from you, you'll start your own company, make millions and buy a bulldozer to park it in the parking lot for staff, a big yellow/brown bulldozer, just to make that parking lot ugly. This is the norm here. You are promised what you deserve and then when the job is done the prize goes away.

Anyways, I bring in money to this thing, the services I do here now for our clients is substantial. Why should I do it for an insult of a salary, when I can just do it directly, and get paid accordingly?
    this is the quality that we all expect from our supercitizen
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Blah

Comment

Working...
      X