Pet Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Stories

Among the more interesting games that I play with my cats is lighter toss.

Eb is the male of the two cats I sold myself into servitude for this past Christmas. I know he is male as he is larger and has tackle that his sister does not. Which reminds me, I need to see to the young master's and mistress's reproductive well being this next week, but I digress.

Lighter toss is a simple game. Eb gets up in the middle of my desk while I am nearby, preferably sitting at it and trying to use the computer. He then decides that my cigarette lighter would look better on the floor and pushes it off the desk. I catch it or pick it up and put it back on the desk. He then pushes it back off. I catch it. The cycle repeats.

Aside from the fact that Eb usually grows tired of this game before I do, the most interesting thing might be that the lighter is never pushed off an edge of the desk other than the one where I am. I suppose this must be a rule of the game. It remains a mystery to me, as does how we score, and who's winning. Maybe I have it wrong, there is no score, and Eb is playing fetch with me.

What games do you play with your pets? Do you let them win? Who serves?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

We play meow and I guess what they want game. Referee the boy's fights is always entertaining.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
      Among the more interesting games that I play with my cats is lighter toss.

Eb is the male of the two cats I sold myself into servitude for this past Christmas. I know he is male as he is larger and has tackle that his sister does not. Which reminds me, I need to see to the young master's and mistress's reproductive well being this next week, but I digress.

Lighter toss is a simple game. Eb gets up in the middle of my desk while I am nearby, preferably sitting at it and trying to use the computer. He then decides that my cigarette lighter would look better on the floor and pushes it off the desk. I catch it or pick it up and put it back on the desk. He then pushes it back off. I catch it. The cycle repeats.

Aside from the fact that Eb usually grows tired of this game before I do, the most interesting thing might be that the lighter is never pushed off an edge of the desk other than the one where I am. I suppose this must be a rule of the game. It remains a mystery to me, as does how we score, and who's winning. Maybe I have it wrong, there is no score, and Eb is playing fetch with me.

What games do you play with your pets? Do you let them win? Who serves?
      My cat and I played it with a 20oz. soda bottle cap. He kept trying to get it off my desk. I'd push him away. repeatedly.

Finally, I took the cap and threw it across the room, he'd go get it and bring it back, then meow until I threw it again.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Yeah, my cat will bring me things to throw as well.

Recently he's been favoring a teddy bear of my daughter's that's roughly his same size.

We recently picked up a starving abandoned cat. (no one claimed it after the ad we ran, no shelters reporting it missing, no collar/tags, no chip) It's been declawed and neutered, so it was obviously someone's at some point. But, unwilling to pay additional catsand and full on medical treatment costs for a THIRD cat, it's been relegated to the outdoors only.

This cat and one of the indoor ones seem to love to box each other through the sliding glass door. They spend hours walking back and forth smacking the glass at each other. No idea who's winning. Yet, when the door is OPENED to feed the outside cat, the two could care less to do so much as look at each other.
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
        X