Facial Hair Conundrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facial Hair Conundrum

My problem is this; I shave and I look like I'm twelve, I don't shave (ie keep a full beard) and I look like I'm near thirty and tired.

I'm going to try a full goatee as my facial hair grows back in, but I think my face is too narrow for that, it will make me look like a rat or some ****. I was also considering a basic goatee or maybe even a mustache. However I think goatees are for lesser men who cannot grow a full beard and mustaches are for pervs and military personnel.

I don't want to continue to wear a full beard because as I have stated it ages me too much and makes me look tired. I also have trouble with trimming my sideburns, I can't get them to where I am happy. I would rather have a facial hair style that allows me to look my age (22) but at the same time doesn't require sideburns.

Any suggestions?

soul patch FTW.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Why don't you let your sideburns grow down your jaws (in narrow strips, so it doesn't look like you have a beard but rather as an extension of your cranial hair). It gives the impression you take care of yourself, and you still have more 'facial' hair. A bit in between so to speak
      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Shave your head, that way you won't look 12...
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Instead, you'll look like a chemotheray survivor!
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Shave a circle in the top like the old samurai use to do. It will show that you are mature/etc.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Oh yeah. Not at all weird.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Full Beard = Disgusting
                  Soul Patch = Nasty
                  Mustache = Socially awkward and creepy
                  Long Sideburns = Wolverine?
                  Goatee = Sexy
                  In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us View Post
                    My problem is this; I shave and I look like I'm twelve, I don't shave (ie keep a full beard) and I look like I'm near thirty and tired.

I'm going to try a full goatee as my facial hair grows back in, but I think my face is too narrow for that, it will make me look like a rat or some ****. I was also considering a basic goatee or maybe even a mustache. However I think goatees are for lesser men who cannot grow a full beard and mustaches are for pervs and military personnel.

I don't want to continue to wear a full beard because as I have stated it ages me too much and makes me look tired. I also have trouble with trimming my sideburns, I can't get them to where I am happy. I would rather have a facial hair style that allows me to look my age (22) but at the same time doesn't require sideburns.

Any suggestions?
                    i think you are overthinking the situation a bit lol
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
                      soul patch FTW.
                      DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS MAN.

Soul Patches NEVER look good. Facial hair NEVER works beyond a little bit of stubble until you're over 45.

THESE ARE FACTS.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

soul patch FTW.
                        heh, you'll have space end up looking like some creepy goth dude...oh wait a minute.

why don't you shave the beard off and then it grow back for 4-5 days before shaving again (rinse, repeat). that way you avoid looking too old, but still have a bit of stuble to show.
                        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

or buy trimmer
                          Order of the Fly
                          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                            i think you are overthinking the situation a bit lol
                            Oh **** I agree with Aahz.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                              Instead, you'll look like a chemotheray survivor!
                              You would be amazed at the amount of sympathy you get.
                              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                              X