AV gear photos thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AV gear photos thread

Recently bought myself a decent sound system and TV. Its nothing special, but it destroys what I used to have. Here's the setup:

- Cambridge Azur 640A (v.2) amp
    - Paradigm Studio 20 speakers
    - Samsung LN32A450 TV
    - Sony BDPS350 blu-ray player
    - Squeezebox wireless network music player
    Last edited by Nostromo; March 7, 2009, 14:36.
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Does the system support TrueHD/DTS Master-HD (or LPCM?)
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Congrats, Nostromo; looks nice (although the backlit photos suck). I fear I'll be waiting another year or so before my system is updated to enter the century of the fruitbat...
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

You have a steam heater in your house? How quaintly old fashioned. :snicker:
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
          In some areas they make more sense than natural gas (eg, hydro-electric-happy regions).
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
            Does the system support TrueHD/DTS Master-HD (or LPCM?)
            I don't know. Probably not. Should I care?
            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
              Congrats, Nostromo; looks nice (although the backlit photos suck). I fear I'll be waiting another year or so before my system is updated to enter the century of the fruitbat...
              Unfortunately, I'm a lousy photographer. I bought a digital camera a couple of months ago but I didn't have the time to learn how to use it properly. At least, I learned how to turn off the flash. I prefer natural light.

Comment

Well, I'd think an audiophile would prefer high-bitrate, 24-bit, lossless audio versus low-bitrate, 16-bit, lossy audio?

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                  The ladies LOVE my old fashioned appartment

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                    Well, I'd think an audiophile would prefer high-bitrate, 24-bit, lossless audio versus low-bitrate, 16-bit, lossy audio?
                    First, I'm not an audiofool. (Thank god!) Second, is that for movies only? I already have lossless audio for my music.

Comment

Anyway, feel free to post some pics of your system

Comment

Radiators (not necessarily steam) are a very inexpensive form of heating Illogical for warm, sunny San Diego, but in the cold north they're quite useful.
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I go with what I consider to be reasonably-priced low middle-tier gear. The furniture cost more than the equipment. I justified that by the fact that it will last a whole lot longer.

First, the equipment rack -- which as you can see is in a state of flux -- with the "screen" above, contains...

PC, which doubles as a media server
                          Receiver (Onkyo 606)
                          PS3
                          Motorola HD cable box/DVR
                          Network equipment
                          DVD Tray

On the top is the DTV Pal HD DVR (I'm evaluating whether or not to get rid of cable TV), my Blu-Ray/DVD/video streaming remote, and center speaker (Energy Take 5 with 8" subwoofer, vintage Y2K).

Apologies for the glare.

From Casing the Joint

Then there's the projector, the Mits HC1500, which is ceiling-mounted and throws a 7' image. Again, reasonably priced.

From Casing the Joint
                          Last edited by DanS; March 2, 2009, 02:13.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Nostromo View Post
                            First, I'm not an audiofool. (Thank god!) Second, is that for movies only? I already have lossless audio for my music.
                            They are currently only on Bluray, but it can be music. IIRC, there's a Bluray Audio spec now also.

That said, some of my favourite Bluray discs are of concerts. The Incubus Live at the Red Rocks disc with uncompressed (PCM) surround is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
                              I go with what I consider to be reasonably-priced low middle-tier gear. The furniture cost more than the equipment. I justified that by the fact that it will last a whole lot longer.

First, the equipment rack -- which as you can see is in a state of flux -- with the "screen" above, contains...

PC, which doubles as a media server
                              Receiver (Denon 606)
                              PS3
                              Motorola HD cable box/DVR
                              Network equipment
                              DVD Tray

On the top is the DTV Pal HD DVR (I'm evaluating whether or not to get rid of cable TV), my Blu-Ray/DVD/video streaming remote, and center speaker (Energy Take 5 with 8" subwoofer, vintage Y2K).

Apologies for the glare.

From Casing the Joint

Then there's the projector, the Mits HC1500, which is ceiling-mounted and throws a 7' image. Again, reasonably priced.

From Casing the Joint
                              I'm pretty sure your receiver is an Onkyo, not Denon.

Comment

Working...
                              X