Help me remember or identify this claynimation short film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me remember or identify this claynimation short film

I saw it in the UK, sometime from 1990-93.

It featured a blonde girl with a pet red balloon. A clown melted in from a pencil scribble and came to her, asking for her balloon. At one point it offered a few magic tricks, but then the trick fizzled and he had to turn his back to her and fish around for it. She peeked cautiously around at him, and he looked back at her and caught her peeking. She immediately smiled broadly in an innocent manner.

Finally she traded the balloon to the clown in exchange for a sparkly thing-go-round in a glass bubble. The clown tortured the balloon and prepared to eat it. But the girl saw the sparkly faded once the clown left, and she went back to rescue the red balloon. After a fight, the girl was tied up, but managed to trap the clown in a network of gears. The clown's inner shadow burst through its hand and grabbed a lever, but the girl hopped over with an axe in her mouth and chopped the clown's arm off. The gears killed the clown and the girl was reunited with her red balloon.
    Last edited by Alinestra Covelia; February 28, 2009, 18:05.
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Yes! I recall that though I don't remember the name. Did you see the sequel where the red baloon popped and blew her litlle claymation head clean off?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I googled red ba lloon claymation but naught.
      Last edited by Lancer; February 28, 2009, 22:19.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I've always heard it referred to as claymation.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

What is it with Euros and red balloons?!
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Ken Lidster, also from the U.K. offers “Balloon,” which at 12 minutes is the longest bit in the collection. Lidster uses claymation in this warped story of a vacuous young girl, her beloved red balloon (what is it with red balloons anyway?), and the absolutely wicked Evil Clown who comes between them (read into this what you will)
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Excellent work, Lazarus! Thanks for the help! Edit: here's a link to the video in 2018: https://vimeo.com/65311817

Some of them are on Netflix. They may not be the right years, but I'll check them out.

Last edited by Alinestra Covelia; August 6, 2018, 08:19.
              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I dare not ask what you need this for.

Comment

Heh, no particular reason. Actually I was talking with my adorable little brother, and he normally doesn't remember things from our childhood. It turns out he does actually remember this short animation film, so I was naturally curious about it.

I have very good memory recall of my childhood, and most of the pleasant memories involve him, so it's a little distressing to me that he recalls almost nothing of it. On the few events where both of us remember, I like to keep little mementos of them so we don't lose them further down the line.
                  "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                  X