Space Alien Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Alien Questions

Why do they always want to invade us? Is it about oil or what? Seriously, I can understand that zombies or vampires go after humans, but what's wrong with those space aliens?

Also, do they play first-person shooters with *humans* as *aliens*??? Doesn't make any sense to me

Discuss.
    Blah

We probably look to weak to be the bad guys on the aliens' FPS's. Of course, they come for our water. Water is the most precious resource in the universe.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Because the idea plays to the natural xenophobic tendencies of the human race and therefore $ells.

sorry to kill the thrade so early though.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Thread is not dead. Just because we are paranoid doesn't mean the space aliens aren't out to get us. I've always suspected it's because we have weak outsides, unlike the aliens with their hard outsides and soft insides. We look delicious to crocodiles and space aliens.
        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
          Why do they always want to invade us?
          This is simple. Out of the 300 billion planets in this galaxy suitable for life, only one has a species that is so fun and unpredictable as prey for the hunt. We have tried to model the behavior of homo sapiens sapiens in our holodomes, but have been unsuccessful in replicating this species' serendipity.
          Last edited by DanS; February 27, 2009, 14:01.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

DanS reveals his true nature.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer View Post
              Thread is not dead. Just because we are paranoid doesn't mean the space aliens aren't out to get us. I've always suspected it's because we have weak outsides, unlike the aliens with their hard outsides and soft insides. We look delicious to crocodiles and space aliens.
              I may be paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer View Post
                We probably look to weak to be the bad guys on the aliens' FPS's. Of course, they come for our water. Water is the most precious resource in the universe.
                Don't be silly. They've come for our women!!
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
                  Don't be silly. They've come for our women!!
                  For a second I thought I was in the orgasm thread.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                    Why do they always want to invade us? Is it about oil or what? Seriously, I can understand that zombies or vampires go after humans, but what's wrong with those space aliens?
                    Actually its quite understandable.
                    If an alien race finds us, they're probably ahead of us technology wise or we would have found them first.
                    If you're a race spanning the galaxy you would want to destroy any inferior race before they got strong enough to destroy you. (especially for humans if you were able to see our past) You can fantasize all you want about FEDERATION type scenarios but when it comes down to it, it's all about survival. Kill or be killed.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

1st they would analyze our threat potential (mostly harmless) and once found not to be a danger, they'd colonize/enslave/import us as cheap labor.

Comment

destory/enslave. same thing. Just not paternal.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

we are right in the path of some sort of intergalactic highway, or where one would make perfect sense
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Surely you've seen the Hulu.com ads. Eliza Dushku, Alec Baldwin and the other aliens want to feast on our brains.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Hmmm, How to Serve Man. Strange, this isn't filled with beneficient tasks to do. This looks something like a cookbook.

Comment

Working...
                              X