No announcement yet.

$1.75 trillion federal budget deficit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increased defense spending is also a problem. There's no need to be spending the kind of money on defense that we currently are.

Comment

• House Minority Leader John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) took another view. "The era of big government is back..."
      IIRC, George W. Bush increased the size of the federal government more than any other President.

Comment

• You don't remember correctly.

Comment

• Yes, but he increased it with Defense spending, which is clearly not government

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I think what he's trying to say is that in percentage terms, FDR increased government more than GWB (at least I believe so).
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I tired doing some research on this. What I'm finding is that so many government functions are now outsourced, that, if you want to include the size of this "shadow government," it's impossible to figure out how big today's government really is.

Comment

• I would presume ZK was not using percentage terms...

Comment

• Originally posted by Zkribbler View Post
                  I tired doing some research on this. What I'm finding is that so many government functions are now outsourced, that, if you want to include the size of this "shadow government," it's impossible to figure out how big today's government really is.
                  WTF does it matter if it's an actual gov't employee or a contractor? Federal budget includes it regardless.

If you're saying that companies perform services you would consider the pervue of a government, that's the difference between a liberal and a libertarian If it's not paid for by tax money, it's not the government.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                    I would presume ZK was not using percentage terms...
                    And? We are talking about NGR here.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I dread at the thought of what would happen if the "fvcking bond traders" do not show up at some T-Bill auction... and then another...
                      Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                      Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                      Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• Well, there will be plenty of chances for that to happen. However, there have been failed auctions from time to time in the past, right?

Seems more likely that people will come to the auctions but will give low bids.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut View Post
                          The other thing you failed to note is that when the Irish started making a mint they wound up curtailing immigration, including from the U.S.

I'm not worried about getting a visa. I have plenty of marketable skills.

One of my closest friends and his wife live in Dublin.

I'd rather live in Connaught, but I suppose Dublin is where all the jobs I'd be suited for are at.
                          There's still jobs now?
                          "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                          -Joan Robinson

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                            Yes, but he increased it with Defense spending, which is clearly not government
                            It isn't "government" because it isn't being used to rule or regulate us.
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                            X