man just was not meant to sleep during the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• man just was not meant to sleep during the day

I don't know how I did it in the navy. But I was young then. But this is killing me. the things I'd do for a good night's (days) sleep. I'd kill 50 baby seals.

Not to mention lots of rumours at work about possible buyout, not to mention our bankruptcy is in process. Maybe I'll just quit my job and take my chances at a new place opening up in December.

You definitely need blackout window treatments.

What's the ambient noise level like at your place? You might need to invest in sleep plugs for your ears as well.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'll swap ya; I can't sleep at night, and I really need to, but for the past 4 years I've been better at sleeping in the day.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I agree, although I almost sleep during the day but not quite. Today I slept from 7:10-9 pm. I will go work for a while, than back to sleep.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Of course man was meant to sleep in the day! How in the world can you go drinking all night if you can't sleep in the day?!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

If you have trouble sleeping, you're not working hard enough.

Comment

I need to start working out at the gym again. Even if I'm tired (not like I can sleep, even when I'm tired). That usually helps me sleep better, but I've always had trouble sleeping right after the gym. I'm usually overloaded on water as well, and have to piss all that out.

Anyways I have this girl calling me all the time, not to mention I can't help thinking about her at times (most of the time). That certainly hasn't helped. I chose graveyard to get away from her, but that apparently hasn't worked LOL. My last day with her, I said I consider you a friend, so call if you need anything. I really didn't expect her to call. She works swing shift now, and I don't even see her at all anymore. Except last week when I had breakfast/lunch with her, her youngest daughter, and another female coworker (whom I also have a thing for, but I that's for another thread ).

She calls and wakes me up constantly. Though I think I woke her up yesterday morning. Anyways she calls yesterday shortly after my text after I get off work and return home, just as I'm falling asleep around 10:30 AM. I manage to get a couple hours sleep then text her just before work (3:30PM) wishing her a good day and not to worry about the economic problems of our company. Then she calls me back. After several hours (some spent here) I manage to fall asleep again around 7PM I think. Then she calls on her break at 10:30PM asking if I wanted to go out for drinks and stuff. But then she forgot she lost her debit card (I offered to pay to no avail), and she doesn't have credit cards (yes a woman with no credit cards- why do you think I like her so); so we postponed that. She suggested I clean my bathroom/do laundry etc. Instead I fall asleep just to be wakened up by her call after she gets off work at 12:30 AM.

Then I do the worst thing, I fall asleep again. This time during hours which I would normally work (today is my day off). I did this last weekend which was a mistake. I essentially slid back onto a day shift schedule and sleep during the night like normal people. It makes it hell getting back to graveyard again on friday. I woke up at 4:30 AM at least, and forced myself to stay awake. So now I'm here posting and drinking a soda.

I'm thinking having a female friend is far too much work, and is interfering with my sleep. I like to think she might be interested in me. What kind of friend calls so many times in a day? It's like this every day. Not that I'm complaining, I like the attention. Problem is I don't have caller id, so I have to pick up the phone when she calls my home line, but sometimes bill collectors call for my brother, or stupid sales calls (I need to renew my do not calls list apparantly).

so adding the above list up I think I got around 8 1/2 to 9 hours asleep. Something like that. But that's because I had the day off and slept when I shouldn't have. Normally I get from 2 to 6 hours.

Comment

I had to take a short nap after the third paragraph of that post.

Comment

me too. I want to go back to sleep, but know I can't.

The thought of cleaning house, really makes me want to sleep.

Comment

and no one commented on my sexist thread tite? Where are our feminazi's Or men feminazi's? (not sure what you call guys who support women's issues lol)

Comment

Try counting sheep. Or Apolyton posters. See how many you can name. Before you get to 50 you'll be fast asleep.

Probably dreaming of Jon Miller or something. But it will do you good.

Comment

or just find a way to get rid of this woman. I don't want to fall in love again. love= lost sleep. Now how to do it without hurting her feelings, or being a complete ass...

Comment

I've been on third shift for over 11 years. It hasn't had any effect whatsoeve
                          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I worked at night for years. It only made me become fat.
                            I need a foot massage

Comment

Unplug the phone, or turn it off when you're trying to sleep.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                              X