Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Time For: What is DaShi Talking About?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Time For: What is DaShi Talking About?

Yay! Now that I'm sick, I don't even understand myself. So the game is simple. I will post a phrase that refers to a thread on the first page. If you can guess the thread, you win 5 points. You get an additional 5 points if you can link meaning to the phrase.

Here we go:

"Fruit sellers should avoid Carnegie Hall."

What thread inspired this line?
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

"Ken Starr and his Homophobic Agenda"

Ken is a star who plays Carnegie Hall, and he doesn't like the Damned Fruits.
      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

"Ken Starr and his Homophobic Agenda" could also be a big band.
        Last edited by The Emperor Fabulous; February 23, 2009, 19:31. Reason: big, not jazz
        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

No, sorry. But good analysis.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I vote "Sonic Warfare". The link should be trivially obvious.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
              Yay! Now that I'm sick, I don't even understand myself. So the game is simple. I will post a phrase that refers to a thread on the first page. If you can guess the thread, you win 5 points. You get an additional 5 points if you can link meaning to the phrase.

Here we go:

"Fruit sellers should avoid Carnegie Hall."

Go to bed kiddo.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

So far, no has got it.
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Isn't this an everyday task?
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Yes, but I'm playing too. I know what thread it relates to, but I've no clue what it means.
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                      This thread inspired the above line.

Comment

No, it's a thread that I haven't posted in yet.
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

You're lying. If it weren't for this thread the line I quoted wouldn't even exist.

Comment

Oh, I see what you're getting at. No, 'this' refers to the fruit vendor line.
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
                              Isn't this an everyday task?
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                              X