Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sextillion

it's a new number

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

"Zimbabwe is facing a severe food crisis and we're in the midst of the agricultural season so the impact of this will worsen the catastrophe."

More than half Zimbabwe's population is in need of food aid and inflation - estimated by some economists at 10 sextillion per cent - has left its currency almost worthless.
    for sextillion
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

*shrug* Get back to me when it hits septillion.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I can't wait to get my hands on a 1 sextillian bill from Zimbabwe.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Just junk it and start over.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

More than half Zimbabwe's population is in need of food aid and inflation

Curious sentence
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yes. One should never underestimate the need for good comma usage.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I thought this thread was going to be about how much taxpayer money that Obama was going to eventually throw away trying to fix the economic crisis.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sextillion sounds like a comic book villainess.
                Last edited by Solomwi; February 23, 2009, 12:18.
                Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

If Obama's "throwing away the money" be sure your Congressional district doesn't take any.

What part of inflation at 10 sextillion per cent leaves any doubt about the meaninglessness of any existing Zimbabwean currency. It's multiple orders of magnitude above petabyte for we techie types.
                  No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                  "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer View Post
                    If Obama's "throwing away the money" be sure your Congressional district doesn't take any.
                    That comment doesn't make any sense. What is the connection? A rich man standing on a corner giving away 100 dollar bills to fight poverty and offers me one. EVEN if I think he's stupid, i'm going to take the money. I've see that comment almost every time someone questions the validity of the massive give away. Wether I take it or not, doesn't change if it's stupid or not. Next time tell me why you think it's actually going to help (in the long term) Even if you have to cut and paste from someone else's brain. At least it would be an attempt to answer the critisism.

To me this is just a spending orgy, the likes that have never been seen before. The money we've given the banks hasn't seem to have done much, and private investors are now more scared that they're going to be nationalized which is creating it's own panic. The whole thing doesn't seem to have been thoroughly thought about. And now we're rushing to throw even more money away without thinking it through.

Where's it all going to end? But don't worry, we'll just get all the money from taxing the rich more.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi View Post
                      Sextillion sounds like a comic book villainess.
                      I was wondering whether Ali Cove had posted in this thread when I opened it.

Comment

Working...
                      X